Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktail Shaker

Options
  • 08-12-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I know it's been asked before (but not for a long time). Does anyone know where I might get a reasonably cheap cocktail shaker in Dublin (no Argos in the city centre has one and I need it soon)

Many thanks!

Sparks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Try the kitchen shops: All Rooms on Liffey Street, Living Island on Talbot Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sparky2009

Thanks BeerNut. Will try there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

http://www.sweeneyorourke.com/ebstore/so/product_finder.asp

These guys are good, drop into them on Pearse St, think a boston style shaker will run about €5-€6.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sparky2009

Brilliant. Thanks Martyn1989

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

two pint glasses with diffrent diameter rims sloted into each other will work.

also rembember shaking with ice breaks the ice up and dilutes your drink. stirred is often better (despite what bond says)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

A shaker thats full to the top with ice will get a drink ice cold without diluting it too much, stir stirred cocktails and shake shaken cocktails, the trick with cocktails is plenty of ice regardless of the style of drink, accurate measurements, recipes and consistency.

Advertisement