Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning cold with Frost/ Ice and some Snow (Thursday night/ Friday/ Saturday)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Will we see snow in Dublin this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

light snow near geevagh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I speak on behalf of everyone that hasn't got any snow......

PICTURES!!! PLease! :) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I speak on behalf of everyone that hasn't got any snow......

PICTURES!!! PLease! :) :)

You are some kinda snow voyeur :pac:

Showers making the way over the country, not breaking up as much as previously

184465.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Showers making the way over the country, not breaking up as much as previously

I CAN SEE THE SHOWER in N.DUblin from my window!!!!

FEW MORE MINUTES FOR IMPACT!! :D:D:D:D:D ... Sleet will have to do me for now! ha

EDIT: Veered to the right and went into nothing too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I CAN SEE THE SHOWER in N.DUblin from my window!!!!

FEW MORE MINUTES FOR IMPACT!! :D:D:D:D:D ... Sleet will have to do me for now! ha

EDIT: Veered to the right and went into nothing too! :(

Boo!!!!!!

I want snow!! (stamps furiously and throws toys out of toybox).

Seriously though - I would like snow today, complete thaw in the morning so my flight to Vegas isn't delayed/cancelled, mild for the next week while I'm away so I'm not jealous and blizzard as soon as I get back.

Now, will someone please get a move on and sort that out for me!?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Brazzer wrote: »
    Will we see snow in Dublin this year?
    Not much chance of anything significant this side of Xmas.
    January appears to be the month to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

3.7C at the moment with sleet showers.
    Snow covered different areas around here last night but no snow covering at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Pangea wrote: »
    3.7C at the moment with sleet showers.
    Snow covered different areas around here last night but no snow covering at me.

just mountain snow ?
    are you high up or near sea level ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Hail and sleety snow showers here again today, nothing too exciting

The garden is still white from this morning but I suspect that's just because of all the hail last night. Heavy wet snow shower just passed with a temp of 2.7C

If only it would come down here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

pauldry wrote: »
    light snow near geevagh

am on carran hill behind geevagh and had two inches of snow overnight and no melting during today, had some showers of hail and snow today also.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Very light sleet in Cork about half an hour ago. Nice to see a few flakes falling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

NIALL D wrote: »
    just mountain snow ?
    are you high up or near sea level ???

I'm only 35metres above sea level and I had no snow, but the snow wasn't confined to the mountains, the road from Glencolmcille to Killybegs was dodgy enough with snow this morning I heard. The mountains are all white aswell though obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Caitriona wrote: »
    Ah, streamers. Good times! I don't think I got any work done for weeks.

Just had a flurry of white cotton wool here, lovely fluffy stuff, but it stopped very quickly. Still, hopefully if anything else comes this way today it'll be the same!
    Caitriona this is your employer.Thanks for letting us know.YOUR SACKED :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see Met E forecasting tonight....a few wintry showers could also break out in some Midland and Eastern parts towards morning.

Maybe we may see a few flakes here on the east coast (not the choclate ones! :))?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Just walked down to close the gates!

Few light flakes of snow falling here in North Kerry...

Was very peaceful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Some dustings of snow on road around drumkeen on way into Letterkenny this evening, and the odd wintery shower failing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ok. So we have mInus temps and dp's now all we need us a few showers. Looking at sat24.com there is some thicker cloud about 1.5-2 hrs out to the west of us. Guess its a waiting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-2.5 Air and grass is -4.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

irish1967 wrote: »
    Ok. So we have mInus temps and dp's now all we need us a few showers. Looking at sat24.com there is some thicker cloud about 1.5-2 hrs out to the west of us. Guess its a waiting game.

Hope some of it would come to our way!! , WOULD BE A NICE SNOW WATCHING NIGHT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Hope some of it would come to our way!! , WOULD BE A NICE SNOW WATCHING NIGHT :D

Would be a great snow watching night, nice and calm, would be nice to see the flakes fluttering down silently. Not that I'm expecting any myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

snow ghost wrote: »
    Would be a great snow watching night, nice and calm, would be nice to see the flakes fluttering down silently. Not that I'm expecting any myself.
    doesn't look too good on the radar at the moment :(

WEB_radar2_201112092300.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Just walked down to close the gates!

Few light flakes of snow falling here in North Kerry...

Was very peaceful!!

Idyllic. What is it that makes falling snow seem so peaceful that momentarily takes all your troubles away?

Sounds like Christmas has come early for you. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just hit -3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A few showers showing up again and the temp has gone back up above freezing, 1.1C again. Hopefully with surfaces still frozen the snow might not melt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

dfbemt wrote: »
    Idyllic. What is it that makes falling snow seem so peaceful that momentarily takes all your troubles away?

Sounds like Christmas has come early for you. Enjoy.
    I too love falling snowflakes and it does have a relaxing effect too calm you..its a case of enjoying winter and smiling with the perfect white winter....but if it overstays it becomes a nuisance ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Villain I just had a flashback when u typed that. Wasn't the magic number somwhere round -21.7 that famous night ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

:):):) First Snowman of the year today, unfortunately it was my wife that took the photo it as she was up in Monaghan with the kids - should have made that trip:(

Advertisement