Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Wives Tricks

• 08-12-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello There , i seem to have a little mouldy thing going on in my wardrobe , whats the cure for this i wonder ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Clean it.

Dettol do a mould spray but its basically just bleach in a bottle, don't wear anything you like doing it it destroys clothes! The wardrobe must be quite damp for it so try airing it often a you can or buy dehumidifier from argos or some diy shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Clean it, maybe adding a few drops of tea tree oil in to the water, it's antifungal.

If it's antique wood, you'd need to do a bit more research, but stronger stuff could wreck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah clean it up as best you can, then spray with something to kills germs, fungi, bacteria.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Mould thrives in stale, damp air - what you have is a symptom, much better to treat the cause.

Advertisement