Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby's first Birthday

Options
  • 08-12-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

It REALLY doesn't seem like a year since I was whinging & moaning on the "Pregnant Women's Moan thread" but here were are :D:D

Just wondering guys what did ye do for your baby's first birthday?
    Is there any point in a big celebration seeing as
    A) She won't know the difference
    B) She won't remember it in the future
    C) She can't eat the cake

What do ye think?
    Will be particularly interested in what Xzanti has to say on this one as she is in the same boat ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi angelfire!

My little lady turned 1 last week! We didn't want to have a big party for similar reasons as you. We opened her prezzies after breakfast then myself and her dad spent the day with her at the zoo - was great as it was mostly empty and we had plenty of time at each animal etc. Went for a late lunch afterwards. I did a big batch of cupcakes instead of a cake so we had those in her nana's afterwards. She only had few bites really and doesn't usually have any of that type of food so I didn't mind!

I know some people have had a big family party with friends over as well but we do not know a lot of people with children her age so decided to just have a quiet day ourselves to mark the occasion :)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It really depends on how you want to spend it.. we have a large family with lots of young kids so we have as many round and we just do snacks and a cake.. the photos are lovely to look back on in years to come.. i always love to get the extended family together cos with everyone so hectic it doesn't happen too often, but everyone's different and you may prefer a quiet day.. ;)
    My eldest girl is 12 (13 in feb) and it doesn't seem like a long time since her first birthday.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My son will be 1 in January and as he's the first grandchild on my husbands side his granny will definitely want to be a part of the celebrations. We're going to have a cake and a bottle of plonk (we got for our wedding almost 2 years ago) in my parents house on the Sunday before his birthday. I'm taking his birthday off work but as he loves crèche I'm not sure what I'll do. I might just relax and enjoy the day myself after all I did all the hard work the year before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

for our first sons first birthday we had a family tea party. for our daughter we did the same and I guess for son no 2 in Feb we will do more or less the same thing. we did not have out child baptised so this is the family celebration for them.
    My sis had her children baptised on their 1st birthdays

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Will be particularly interested in what Xzanti has to say on this one as she is in the same boat ;)

I was just thinking the same thing when I saw your username.. My how the year has flown eh? :p

Well, I am having a little tea party, Cillian has lots of little cousins who don't get to see much of him as some live in other counties so I decided it would be a good chance to get them all together.. It will be family only and won't be anything huge seeing as it's the weekend before Christmas and all that..

I did get a pinata though :D going to fill that bad boy up with roses/celebrations, Lord knows there's plenty of those knocking around this time of year on the cheap ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I might just relax and enjoy the day myself after all I did all the hard work the year before :D

That is a brilliant idea! :D

Advertisement