Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice (UK Show) 2012

Options
  • 08-12-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭

Sir Tom Jones and The Script singer Danny O'Donoghue have been announced as the final two coaches of The Voice UK.

The duo join previously-announced Jessie J and will.i.am on the show, which is based on hit Dutch format The Voice of Holland.

"I'm excited about The Voice, and thrilled to be participating as a coach," Jones said. "This is a strong show; it's all about talent - but it's also exciting, competitive and compelling television. I've been blessed over the years to share the stage with some of the world's finest artists, and I look forward to being part of the team that discovers a great, new, genuine talent."

O'Donoghue, who has sold over 3.5 million albums worldwide as lead singer of the Irish group, said: "I'm a massive fan of The Voice, so to be involved as a coach is amazing.

"This is a show unlike any other because it puts vocal ability first above all else. I look forward to putting my team together and battling it out with the other coaches to see who wins this unique, credible competition. I'm in it to win it!"

Of the completed lineup, BBC One controller Danny Cohen added: "I'm delighted to be announcing Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue as coaches for The Voice. Tom is a music legend and will bring huge experience and creativity to the lineup. Danny is a rising star who will bring freshness and surprise to the team.

"Overall, our lineup of Tom Jones, Jessie J, will.i.am and Danny O'Donoghue gives us mega-star quality, great musical range and musicians we know our audience love."

The Voice UK will debut early next year.

Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates will host the singing competition, which sees hopefuls perform for the coaches in blind auditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Good mix of judges there. Can't stand Jessie J, and Danny from The Script seems a bit of a strange choice but I'd say the show will be a breath of fresh air after X Factor...or else I'll actually miss all the fake drama and find it really boring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s154/the-voice-uk/news/a366859/the-voice-uk-judges-jessie-j-tom-jones-on-set-first-picture.html

The first picture of the Voice UK judges on the set of the new BBC One talent show has been revealed.

Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, Tom Jones, The Script's Danny O'Donoghue and Jessie J have posed in the show's famous swivel red chairs for their first promotional shot for the Saturday night reality series.

realitytv_the_voice_first_look.jpg © BBC / Wall To Wall

Hosted by Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates, the Voice will aim to find a new singing star in the UK through blind auditions.

The show's popstar coaches will pick out their favourite singers during the auditions, before battling it out against the other judges with their team of acts.

will.i.am, Jones, O'Donoghue and Jessie J have filmed a group performance together, which will air on the show's opening episode. The judges on the US series, Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine, did the same in their first season launch in 2011.

The Voice UK launches in March on Saturday nights on BBC One.

Still has the sob stories same as X Factor :rolleyes: but perhaps the fact it is because there is new judges/mentors kinda of ok so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

If the next one is a sob story I'm out of here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

It's not got the momentum so far. Jessie J and Tom Jones are the only ones buzzing so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

They are totally showing off now!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TwoFace

BBC trying to compete with X Factor with its sob stories

Besides that,not too bad so far

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

They're showing off because they can. This is damn hilarious to be honest, really entertaining.

I find it hilarious how the other three can go off on some huge rant on how they can help while Tom Jones says a sentence and grabs the audience and contestant just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Nobody is keen on the William (with the full stops) guy. He's overselling himself too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The competition between the judges is hilarious - and the name dropping...

I'm expecting this one to get her kit off next!!..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

It's actually quite good. I love Reggie Yeats!

And I always thought Will.i.am was a bit of a tool but he seems alright and i like his smile. I might have a crush on him now!:o

That Danny chap is a bit of an ejit and I don't like Jessie J anyway.

It'll be more exciting when it gets down to live parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I like it - it was very funny.... I wonder when the joking and laughing turns to stabs in the back !!! It must be a very hard decision for the contestants to make on the spot - picking between those four.

Tom Jones and his Elvis story:D:D The non-stop stories from them. I like it, will be watching it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I thought it was great, fantastic choice of judges,all renowned in their own right and they cover nearly all music categories, pop,rap,rock and soul. Found the battling for the contestants hilarious, the Elvis v Michael Jackson was so funny. So what if they name drop, tom Jones could tell many a story I'd say and then Jesse J saying she met Justin bieber. Way better than the Irish one and much more credible judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I thought it was a great show, very entertaining. I thought the standard of talent was very high. Will def be watching next week. I hought Danny fromscripts was a strange judge choice but I thought he did a really great job, even if he did try too hard at times. But TBF it must be a bit tough to compete with Tom and Will.i.am's stories. Jessie J is very entertaining. Her face is so symetrical, I could look at her for ever.
    If Will.i.am tells every contestant that World domination is at their feet he will look like a plank soon enough.
    Entertaining stuff:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Really enjoyed it. Will defo watch next week and am looking forward to it.
    I used to love xfactor but its been terrible in the last couple of years. Hope this one stays good.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Sorry I missed it now. Might youtube it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Great show, excellent talent especially that girl towards the end who sang the jessie j song (mama knows best?) - she was outstanding!

Looking forward to next weeks ep:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I like it - it was very funny.... I wonder when the joking and laughing turns to stabs in the back !!! It must be a very hard decision for the contestants to make on the spot - picking between those four.

Tom Jones and his Elvis story:D:D The non-stop stories from them. I like it, will be watching it next week.

Tom Jones is a god no matter what age you are, and I agree that Will-I-Am is a bit of a tool, great show though, and putting our version back into second place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gilly2308 wrote: »
    Tom Jones is a god no matter what age you are, and I agree that Will-I-Am is a bit of a tool, great show though, and putting our version back into second place.

Will-I-Am must have a personality disorder. He can be the oddest person in the world and then the most outgoing, friendliest person the next - a strange individual

Will.I.Am was annoying, constantly on about Macy Gray where is she now?

She had one good song I Try and that was it :rolleyes:

Danny seemed very hyper

Sir Tom is a legend :cool:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will.I.Am was annoying, constantly on about Macy Gray where is she now?

She had one good song I Try and that was it :rolleyes:

Danny seemed very hyper

Sir Tom is a legend :cool:

Couldn't agree more!

Thought Danny overdid the "I'm Oirish" carry-on and the way he kept jumping up and clapping was a bit ott...:rolleyes:

Tom stole the show just by his laid-back presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

No one watching tonight ? First lad up was great so lots of banter twixt the "coaches" I love Will.i.am's facial expressions !

Yeah....Danny actually went first pressing the button for once,or said he was:P

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

TwoFace wrote: »
    Yeah....Danny actually went first pressing the button for once,or said he was:P
    It really annoyed me last week that he never stuck his neck out but.. did he see Will.i.am going for his ? a photo finish imho ;)

He said he was,then will did and he followed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Not taking to this show - UK or English version!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

That guys dad seems like a total legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Finally Danny took a risk. this guy is strangly good....now who will he go with..

Advertisement