Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice (UK Show) 2012

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Come on Leanne cause another upset and win :p
    And she did just that, delighted,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I dont know what it is I just didnt feel comfortable watching the other 2 - they were missing something but Leanne just seems so at ease up there esp when she sang with Tom - they were great together! I really hope they give her good songs cos it'd be a shame for her fade into the background like so many winners of these shows seem to do

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Glad Leanne won, she has a great voice and is the most versatile of all of them. I think that Bo, Vince and tyler will all get contracts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, that was a bit of a shock! Was expecting Bo to walk it, tbh. Still, Leanne does have a cracking voice to be fair.

I do think winning shows like this can be the kiss of death for an artist though, so I'd expect Bo and Tyler to actually do better coming 2nd and 3rd.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Wow so the one with the Voice without the sob story won?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ginny wrote: »

Yeah! I was pretty annoyed at the VT with Danny blubbering and going on about Bo's sick mother.

I actually think that sort of crap just doesn't sit well with viewers any more and might have worked against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ginny wrote: »

I know yeah she actually fits the description of what "The Voice" should be! :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

When she sang this in the Semi Finals I did a u turn and really wanted her to win.

I will be buying the CD!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

great voice but didnt think she would win..

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Thought Danny was really playing to the cameras,ridiculous he actually came off as a twat.
    Bo has a decent voice but seems very fake,that ex junkie fella was a bit too screechy,the bleached blonde feminine fella could come up with original music but the public were never going to buy into his weird ways.
    Leanne was the most believable out of the lot and I actually think Tom was shocked she won, great voice from her but these shows have passed there sell by date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Heard on the radio that Danny has broken up with his girlfriend and is now seing Bo, thought there was a bit of chemistry on Saturday night between them..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yup Irma his long term gf said this morning that yes they have split up, was on TV3.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2154846/Danny-ODonoghue-splits-girlfriend-forced-deny-dating-The-Voice-contestant-Bo-Bruce.html

For Bo? Seriously???
    Will there be anything asked about the battle rounds where he asked the other contestant to sing softer so he wouldn't out power Bo, rather then ask Bo to sing louder?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tour cancelled poor ticket sales

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Didn't even know they were having a tour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

The whole show was a flop.(1) Will i am's ignorance twittering, unable to speak
    properly, never mind critique acts was an insult to acts,audience and viewers.
    (2) Danny's unprofessional behaviour getting personally involved was stupid and unfair to other acts.
    (3) Jessie J,although she tried her best and is a very talented singer was just
    out of her depth as a judge.
    (4) The only judge who was fair impartial and performed his job properly was Tom Jones. As fate decided he had the two best singers,Ruth and Leanne.
    Both girls brilliant singers,I really hope they get good careers out of it.
    I wish them both good luck, they deserve to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well that's embarrassing. Yet they're still looking for contestants for next year?!! I think they're flogging a dead horse. They gave it a shot but it didn't really work out. No matter how people bitch and moan about X Factor, they still watch it and secretly love the drama :D Although I reckon there's not much steam left in the X Factor train either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I don't think this thing of "Blind Auditions" works. It's a bit gimmicky, IMO. I agree Sir Tom was far and away the best judge. I found Will.I.Am and Jessie J quite irritating and Danny really "lost it" by getting so emotionally involved with that contestant.

Well summarized, dcmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When she sang this in the Semi Finals I did a u turn and really wanted her to win.

I will be buying the CD!

She has music video out now

Advertisement