Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year - Cultural Studies test!! Help!!

Options
  • 08-12-2011 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I have no idea how to study Cultural studies and what I need to study for it!

Is anyone else panicking or have any advice for me?! It's my last exam and I just want to feel confident about it :)

Any help would be appreciated from 1st years studying it or 2nd years who have already done it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I did that last year.

It's a bit, so-so. Quite a few definitions- cultural universals, hegemony etc come to mind

The papers are here

https://sharepoint.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/exampapers/Languages%20%20Cultural%20Studies/Forms/AllItems.aspx
    (put UL\ before your ID)

Look in the autumn folders obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dontgothere

Did that module 3 years ago, if i remember right it was essays and some short questions, was a pretty easy exam. If your a good bulls****r you should be fine!! =] I remember an essay on the saphir-wharf hypothesis (cant spell it anymore) Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Did that module 3 years ago, if i remember right it was essays and some short questions, was a pretty easy exam. If your a good bulls****r you should be fine!! =] I remember an essay on the saphir-wharf hypothesis (cant spell it anymore) Best of luck

That's probably the follow on module after Christmas (CU4112) I remember doing that after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Out of the 35% we have completed we have 25% of this module down already fo sho so don't be worrying your silly little head over it! The slides are seriously annoying though with like 40 pages in each thingmabob.. WHY?!

I'm calm now, it'l be a different story in a few days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Scared now! My cousin picked the best day to come home from America. I'm going over to his soon and will bring my notes but i know we will inevitably end up having a Dexter marathon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I've decided to just study definitions and two topics (culture/language and journalism) :) You'll be grand :D

Advertisement