Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many days do I have to claim the Job Seekers?

• 08-12-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

I get it every tuesday. But been sick the last few days.
    Am I right to believe I only have until the thursday? (2 days after) to collect it ... if not i lose that week?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You could get it for sure tomorrow, Friday, and very possibly on Saturday - PO opened half day only. If you missed it entirely you can go to the SW office and explain - though it might be necessary to have a doctor's cert to back it up - and they would release the payment to the PO again within a week. Hope you're feeling better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I doubt you'd be allowed to pick it up on Saturday. Same goes for after 5pm on weekdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It depends on the PO - something similar happened to me - elderly mother rushed to hospital morning I was due to collect money (Tues) and with all the drama I spaced collecting my money :( . Only dawned on me on the Friday morning. Rang the SW to explain and they said that it was up to the PO - some return the money as uncollected immediatley whereas others wait until the following week.
    Turns out my PO keeps the money for a week...:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I can collect any weekday up to 5:15 and up to 12:30 on a saturday

Limericks wrote: »

Cool, though I know a lot of post offices that are strict about the times they deal with welfare payments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Limericks wrote: »

Where???

Social Welfare payments are online in local PO for 3 days,then it goes back to the dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I get it every tuesday. But been sick the last few days.
    Am I right to believe I only have until the thursday? (2 days after) to collect it ... if not i lose that week?

cheers.

Totally sick of this malarky. I know its against the charter here. sorry.
    How bluddy sick are you? Capable of walking??? you're online now? Dont take the weee

chucken1 wrote: »
    Totally sick of this malarky. I know its against the charter here. sorry.
    How bluddy sick are you? Capable of walking??? you're online now? Dont take the weee

Agree. If op is so sick he/she should not be claiming jobseekers but illness benefit instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Agree. If op is so sick he/she should not be claiming jobseekers but illness benefit instead.

For less than a week?

You try claim illness benefit for something like the flu and let us know how you get on ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement