Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastepal - bin collection service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

was with the council till last year...
    swapped because of the €160 flat charge...we're only 'light' users of the service so were being completely ripped off.
    signed up to Pay per Empty...the cheapest option...great service, never missed a pick up and they've even got a decent cust service chap.

And no I'm not driving one of their lorries at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

furry wrote: »
    was with the council till last year...
    swapped because of the €160 flat charge...we're only 'light' users of the service so were being completely ripped off.
    signed up to Pay per Empty...the cheapest option...great service, never missed a pick up and they've even got a decent cust service chap.

And no I'm not driving one of their lorries at the minute.

Yup, i can agree.. I am with them a few months.. grand service, good price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

yeah mike I use em

Find em great... they always put the bins back neat where they collected them from. I even had to check a few times to make sure they were emptied

They have a refer a friend section,where they'l credit the referer and the new customer gets 2 months free bins, if your interested PM me and you can use my account number as referer ;) win win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Typhoon. wrote: »
    yeah mike I use em

Find em great... they always put the bins back neat where they collected them from. I even had to check a few times to make sure they were emptied

They have a refer a friend section,where they'l credit the referer and the new customer gets 2 months free bins, if your interested PM me and you can use my account number as referer ;) win win

Yep, done that credit friend thing and signed up on line, got an extra few quid also (not sure if that still running). Anyway, no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

I use them and they are great, never missed a pickup so far and as others have said they put the bins back very neatly and the night before they also send you an SMS to let you know which bin to put out which is a handy reminder.

Thumbs up from me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do they service Ferrybank per chance (can't check at work!)? At the moment i'm using the Big Bin service, €5 for 2 80l bags, which works out at about under €100 a year, but the only downside is you have to bring the rubbish to the bins yourself.

Oh, and you don't have to recycle! :D

/queue Eco-Warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Wastepals bin lorry had issues today. I just got a text off them saying "our vehicle had issues and If your bin wasnt collected it'l be collected tomorrow afternoon, apologies for the inconvenience."

I have to say they have great customer service, I doubt other providers go to this trouble to keep the customers informed.

So another +1 from me for wastepal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When i rang last year, they gave fantastic quotes, definitely the cheapest i could get (in Ferrybank, Kilkenny so WCC won't collect...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

We've been with them for a couple of years here in New Ross, never had a problem, and the top up card payment option is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

Do have to bag the recylce waste with wastepal or does it go in the bin loose ? Can anyone tell me. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

the roo wrote: »
    Do have to bag the recylce waste with wastepal or does it go in the bin loose ? Can anyone tell me. Thanks

just put it in loose if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I'm signing up to Wastepal in the next half hour guys, if anyone wants to PM me their details for the 'recommend a friend' deal thingy?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

yeah mike I use em

This ! Were the same I find them great, it was so easy to set up online and the pack came in the post within days, no problems with them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

michellie wrote: »
    yeah mike I use em

This ! Were the same I find them great, it was so easy to set up online and the pack came in the post within days, no problems with them at all!
    What's the details for signing up sounds good service is it expensive ?

jo06555 wrote: »

http://www.wastepal.com/webclient/webclient_page/1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jo06555 wrote: »

€282 per year for the big bins (240l - size of the black and recycling bin from most providers), or €249 for smaller bins (140l - size of brown bin from most providers). No idea the collection days.

Compared with;

€300 Binman (may get it cheaper if you ask, but they take at least 30mins to answer the phone) who collect black bin one week, brown and green the following.

€275 Greenstar (240l x2, 140l x1) who collect twice every four weeks.

€240 Oxigen (240l x3) who collect black bin one week, brown and green the following.

That's the latest pricing anyway. So Wastepal are second most expensive to Binman. Oxigen are now the cheapest. Funny really considering it was the other way around not so long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Yeah Wastepal have just increased their prices by 25% even though I am pretty sure they had a price guarantee to not increase prices until at least April 2013!

I would look elsewhere now as they are too expensive for the service they provide.

Sully wrote: »
    So Wastepal are second most expensive to Binman. Oxigen are now the cheapest. Funny really considering it was the other way around not so long ago!
    reni10 wrote: »
    Yeah Wastepal have just increased their prices by 25% even though I am pretty sure they had a price guarantee to not increase prices until at least April 2013!

I would look elsewhere now as they are too expensive for the service they provide.

Whhhaaaaaattttt???? Nooooo!!! Where were ye last night when i was signing up ffs! :mad::mad::o

Ah well. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Whhhaaaaaattttt???? Nooooo!!! Where were ye last night when i was signing up ffs! :mad::mad::o

Ah well. :P

Someone didn't do their research :p

You should still be allowed cancel anyway, 7 day cooling off period for internet orders (in general) I think?

Sully wrote: »
    Someone didn't do their research :p

You should still be allowed cancel anyway, 7 day cooling off period for internet orders (in general) I think?

My father-in-law did all the research and signed up with them about 6 weeks ago, have the prices changed in that time?

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    My father-in-law did all the research and signed up with them about 6 weeks ago, have the prices changed in that time?

There like that sometime now yeah, maybe not that far back im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bubbletea

anyone any advice... was with this crowd for over a year... took over Greenstar!! and inherited them.
    very poor service indeed... but eventually gave them notice that I was changing last dec...paid up to date. They simply refuse to take away their empty bins. I have new company employed not to dispose of my rubbish...but wastepal will not collect their empty bins...
    what can I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are the bins Waste Pal, Greenstar or Corpo era units? Has the new service told you they will not accept those bins for use?

what in effect I am asking is what can I do with their 3 empty bins left outside my home????
    naturally I have tried to speak to someone no one is ever available to deal with this...
    have left several emails unresponded to .

get weekly ad on's to my 'account' even though they have not provided me with any service since last Dec 6th... bins ready for collection since then.
    h1

no bins are defo wastepal... they know all about it? over a month ago said they would send text evening before they collect so I can have them ready... but since then don't respond to me at all....apart from updating my 'account'
    thanks for your reply

and sorry no the new company are happy and have supplied their bins... so 6 bins outside my home now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Right, well I'd pick up the phone to Greenstar - they are a dozy bunch.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Same happened to me back in the day of Mr Binman, I was left with 3 extra bins, ended up using them to store blocks for the fire, came in very handy in the end. I guess I was lucky as I had the space for them. I'll use one of them as a water butt from now until next October when it go back to storing blocks in them again.

Advertisement