Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Network Outages, Dec 8

Options
  • 08-12-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Jigglypuff wrote: »
    Blackboard/UcdConnect in general has been down for over half an hour whyyyy oh whyyyyyyyyyy :/ Can't access my notes, it's moved way past being just "mildy annoying but sure it'll be back up in a sec". Ridiculous! :mad:
    Network Outage on UCD Campus, Thursday Dec. 8th (Thursday, 8 December 2011)
    We are currently experiencing network problems across the entire UCD network. We will update this page once we have more information.

IT Services

At least they're aware anyway

Modnote: updates available at www.ucd.ie/itservices/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Cant even log into email account :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Aparantly a computer went on fire in the daedalus building and thats causing the emails, moodle and webwork ucd systems crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Aparantly a computer went on fire in the daedalus building and thats causing the emails, moodle and webwork ucd systems crash.

seriously ?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Anyone else not getting in today? tried the alternative link and that won't let me in either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yep it's down. Apparently Daedalus is on fire.

EDIT: A server in Daedalus caught fire

• Advertisement

justified wrote: »
    seriously ?! :eek:

Update the room with all the servers which hold UCD's internet files went on fire ran over and asked. Yes I am serious Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

oh no :( i guess i'm never seeing those past papers then... thanks for the update

Thank f**k I printed these solutions yesterday:eek:

Update
    Due to a fire in the UCD Data Centre, all IT Services are likely to be unavailable for the remainder of today. The UCD Website is available and updates will be posted at www.ucd.ie/itservices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grey99

I'm so glad I saved my notes onto a disk for my exam on Saturday!!:eek:

I hope it will be back by tomorrow? Its the worst timing ever for the system to be down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

serversnm2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Oh you've got to be kidding me? This is terrible timing, I need to get onto blackboard..****ity ****... Also, there is no further information when you follow the www.ucd.ie/itservices link

It's a weird one. I actually had a take-home exam today that I've just had to email to the tutor as proof of completion.

I wonder what they'll do about the people who don't bother emailing their exam.. Seeing as there's no real way to prove they haven't completed the exam by 5pm as required.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    It's a weird one. I actually had a take-home exam today that I've just had to email to the tutor as proof of completion.

I wonder what they'll do about the people who don't bother emailing their exam.. Seeing as there's no real way to prove they haven't completed the exam by 5pm as required.

Were you able to access UCD connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Rule number one, switch as much mail away from your college email and rule 2 download everything from blackboard, moodle etc.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Were you able to access UCD connect?

Well I was earlier today - the exam was uploaded at 9am.

UCD Connect , blackboard through direct login and e-mail through direct login, all bring up an error message.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

You can't log into stuff.

What a useless shower!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Rule number one, switch as much mail away from your college email and rule 2 download everything from blackboard, moodle etc.

Wish backpack was still available for Blackboard. :)

Seems to be back now

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    Seems to be back now

Yep... seems like you have to logon through direct links though- UCD Connect still currently down

Conor108 wrote: »
    Seems to be back now

What seems to be back? It isnt for me anyway!

I can get to blackboard via https://elearning.ucd.ie

I entered Gmail for my UCD connect mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Connect back for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Everything in Copiprint wasn't working when I left.
    Was nearly having a nervous breakdown.
    I NEED TO COPY, I NEED TO PRINT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Getting almost everything back for students and staff is actually pretty decent. Nice to see that people were relatively calm on this thread too. The Facebook Registry page had a few over reactions. I know exams are coming up and people are stressed, but there was a fire for fecks sake. It is not as if it was planned.

Hopefully it is something that they can ensure doesn't happen again. Plus as always when the word fire is mentioned, glad it wasn't a large fire and that nobody was hurt.

Getting almost everything back for students and staff is actually pretty decent. Nice to see that people were relatively calm on this thread too. The Facebook Registry page had a few over reactions. I know exams are coming up and people are stressed, but there was a fire for fecks sake. It is not as if it was planned.

Hopefully it is something that they can ensure doesn't happen again. Plus as always when the word fire is mentioned, glad it wasn't a large fire and that nobody was hurt.

And thats the most important thing

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Power outage again. Was in the Dadalus building attempting to print off so work when the computer just ground to a halt, Microsoft Word, the internet, everything. Logged off but it wont let anyone log back on. Went to the IT help, they said they don't know when it will be back. Ucd connect & all still working so far. I know it's nobody fault, but when your trying to print off work saved on your UCD account and you can't...:mad:

They have to make allowances for this sort of thing, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This is the first time in my 5 1/2 years in UCD something along this lines has happened. You don;t make allowances for things when they're incredibly improbable.

Advertisement