Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years Ideas

• 08-12-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Gang of us looking for a change of scenery this year for new years. Thinking of renting a house somewhere. Thing is we're not 100% sure what we want to do. Ideally want to find a house that's not too far from a town so that we could get a taxi or something into town if we decided on that. Anyone got any suggestions for something like this or have a good idea of something to do for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Crettyard in Co. Laois, stunning part of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Get so pissed drunk that you're trying to look sober at the bar to order another pint,missing the midnight countdown, not bringing home that chick you were talking to, and spending twice what you usually do on a Saturday night.

Roll on New Years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hear the Gaza Strip is nice this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

A friend's daughter did this last year, was in Kerry somewhere. They had a blast apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Get a large cardboard box and hide inside it until it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

A friend's daughter did this last year, was in Kerry somewhere. They had a blast apparently.

After working on my assignment for the past 5 hours, I took a break to have a gander on Boards.

I read this as
    A friend's daughter died this time last year, was in Kerry somewhere. They had a blast apparently.

I need to stop looking at the computer screen for a bit I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Up near Malin Head.

Big cheap houses this time of year and great craic in the villages/towns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Which town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

irish-stew wrote: »
    Which town?

We stayed near Inis Owen (?) but bounced around to a few spots throughout the week. Good craic to be had up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Throw a dart at a map of Ireland and go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Haven't you been reading the news? You can get a whole ghost estate for the same price as a week in some cottage. You could have the craic outside and then at the end of the day, you can each go to your own gaff. Gone are the awkward silences and arguments that your pals will have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, I ain't repeating last year after going to the gf's mate's house.

Quassi Jazz-punk-hip-blues-contempary folk music, Shiraz, and talking about the finer points of where good mussels can be found on the west of Ireland before everyone cracks out the cups of tea at 11:30pm because they don't want to go out now while I sit amongst them drinking and holding my cans of Bavaria slowly being overwhelmed with rage was NOT what I had in mind.

I left, made it to a pub before the countdown and it's was 80's music night too. Result! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Edinborough, that's where it's at apparently.

Advertisement