Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs RMA, should i be worried?

Options
  • 08-12-2011 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

need to rma a corsair cx600 to dabs, when i iturn the pc off there is a high pitched coil whine coming from the psu, also find the psu to be quiet loud for a power supply, If i rma this does anyone know how long it will take for dabs to get me my refund or another psu, i can see myself wanting a refund so i can order a super flower from elsewhere since dabs dont carry those.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

weeder wrote: »
    need to rma a corsair cx600 to dabs, when i iturn the pc off there is a high pitched coil whine coming from the psu, also find the psu to be quiet loud for a power supply, If i rma this does anyone know how long it will take for dabs to get me my refund or another psu, i can see myself wanting a refund so i can order a super flower from elsewhere since dabs dont carry those.

Nnot sure how long they take, as they will probably have to send it back to Corsair. They are not obliged to offer you a refund unfortunately, as they are perfectly within their right to send the unit for repair/replacement as they see fit. That is not to say they wouldn't grant a refund if requested, just that they don't nescessarly have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You can be unlucky with PSUs sometimes and get ones that whine like that. It's often not consistent across a model though so you could have been unlucky. Superflower are not widely available and I've heard that dabs can take a while with RMA so you might want to get something else if you can afford it.
    If you're sticking with dabs and it's for the system you were talking about a few weeks back, the XFX 550W or OCZ ZS 550W would do the job. Both are pretty good PSUs, probably better than the corsair (higher efficiency and amps on the 12V rail at least), but if you want something super quiet, you'll have to spend more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

its the system i was building alright but i made a few small changes, nothing major just a z68 board and a different 560ti, i would like somthing a bit quieter as this one is even louder than my samsung hard drives. im used to my psu being the quietest part but overall the system isnt overly loud. maybe im worried about nothing but i could hear the psu whining when i woke up thismorning but its functioning grand.

btw dabs have a refund or replace option on the website when i go into the rma options so i take it they will do a refund.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

btw dabs have a refund or replace option on the website when i go into the rma options so i take it they will do a refund.

Thats good of them anyway not too many retailers would offer that option straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

I had to RMA a motherboard with them, took about two weeks to process altogether. Can you buy a new PSU before you send it back so you can stay functioning?

• Advertisement
Advertisement