Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help or Child going on ebay :)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

CAPRILICIOUS: sounds like paradise :) I would LOVE if eunan would settle in the bed with us. :)
    If he did, I wouldnt give a s**t what other people said. we did the odd time at one stage take him in and we got the same - you have him ruined... ha ha people are strange!

am becoming more reassured that this will pass and is pretty common with all the responses I have got on here. It's like sleep deprived mums united :) love it

wmpdd3 wrote: »

The only other thing I can think of is the acid like dribble that comes with teething. A friends baby doesnt have a sore bum but has pain when he pees and pooing when he is teething. So he bum is clear but its red around each hole. I never heard of it or have any idea how you'd prevent it but it might be something to ask the doctor/PHN about.

Hi wmpdd3 :)

Thanks for your reply. I dont 100% understand what you mean. So if he is red at tip of his penis and bum is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes thats what her little guy had, even though his bum was fine. All she could was change the nappy ass soon as he poo'ed / pee'd

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

God love the little fella..and you and your oh.
    Is it possible he has an ear infection, aswel as the teething obviously? I just ask as A friend was in a similar situation to what you describe and her little girl turned out to have an inner eat infection. So if your going to the gp maybe get him to check his ears.
    For teething id also recommend nelsons teetha granuels/gel. I use them when my 6 months old is crying with teething pains and there is an almost instant change in his mood. Plus its a homeopathic product so your not actually giving medicine/drugs.
    Also have heard great things about the amber necklaces, although haven't tried it myself.

As for the conflicting advice and info from the professionals, well that would drive you round the bend. Especially as a first time parent you have nothing to compare these situations to.
    I was also told not let my child fall asleep in my arms...come on, seriously. If thats the way you can get an upset and distressed baby to came down and go back asleep then imo DO IT!
    I hope the gp has some kind of a diagnosis or answers for you. Dont let him fobb you off with going back to phn for advice. If you go to see youth gp then he is the one that should be helping you, not passing the buck!
    Good look and here's hopin you all get a good nights sleep soon.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yes thats what her little guy had, even though his bum was fine. All she could was change the nappy ass soon as he poo'ed / pee'd

christ that sounds awful, the poor little mite :(:(

• Advertisement

qwertytlk wrote: »

Hey Qwertytlk,

Thanks for response :) Little Mans ears were checked and we have indeed being using the teetha granuales. just have to put up with it all at this point.

we have exhausted all avenues.
    he is sticking out his tongue a lot now over the past couple of days so maybe thats a sign he is feeling something on his lower gums ???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had two wonderful, sleep all nigh, eat all before them, angelic children. I was the original expert earth mother.

Then came the youngest. She was pretty ok until she was about 9 months old, then she not only stopped sleeping at night she didn't sleep during the day either. By day she was a lovely smiling good natured child, though she did not eat much. By night she screamed. For hours at a time.

After the other two going to bed at 6 and sleeping till 7 or 8, this one went to bed at 11 (eventually), slept until 1, screamed till 5, slept till about 8 then was awake and ready to face the day, unlike her mother...

We tried every possible combination of everything anyone could suggest but she was over 3 before she slept at night, and even then she was late to sleep and early up.

She is now 25 so all this was a while ago, but the only thing we did not try was taking her off dairy milk and giving a substitute, since then we have realised that a number of members of the family have a milk intolerance, but it wasn't as recognised 20 odd years ago.

So, its not your fault, try any suggestions that seem reasonable to you, maybe look at changing his formula, and hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

hi we had same trouble with our litle girl, we got dentanox teething gel, not sold in the republic (**** govenment) got in newry 100% brilliant, i dont trust them amber teething things putting a neckless around a young babys neck in my opition is asking for trouble, ur 1st post was november i think so hopfully by now u are sorted but for ur next little 1dentanox teething gel is outstanding, good luck with both the kids, they are truely a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

have u considered it may be night terrors????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Yve wrote: »
    Hi All

PLease can you give advice on the following.

Our little Man is 9 months old and for then past two weeks EVERY night he is waking screaming crying and very unsettled during the night. he can be awake for 3-4 hours at a time.

He has bumps along gum line for long time now and no sign of tooth but he is so distressed at night he is crying and screaming to the point of making himself sick.

I am six months pregnant and we are sooo tired and I sat crying this morn at 05.30. It's just desperate at this stage.

He is rubbing his ears , usual teething signs.. we pump him with nurofen, bonjela etc etc

is this habit?? do we leave him screaming and crying till he falls back asleep. ?? we have left him 30 mins and he got sick from crying :(

At wits end here ....

Never leave a baby crying for 30 minutes, you do not know what damage you are doing to his little mind. If a baby is crying at night 5 minutes is sufficient if your in his room to let him cry then soothe him put him back down and keep trying. its controlled crying. Leaving him for 30 minutes is something I have never heard off. If your tired and pregnant then make your husband do the nights. there are 2 of you. Im pregnant and working full time with a 2 year old and if she wakes my husband lets me sleep. even if he is tired going to work he does not complain. I give him a rest at the weekends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement