Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse in wall - advice needed

• 08-12-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Folks, Last night I was awoken by the tiny scratching of a mouse. It didn't last long - just a few minutes. I couldn't work out where it is coming from. Could be the external wall, but I think it's the internal wall which is close to the external. Could also be the attic as it seems high up. I just can't tell.

Given that it stopped, did he just get fed up and head off? Or is he just recouperating so that he can give it his full attention tonight.

Where do I put a trap if he's in the wall?

Has anyone tried humane traps - do they work? I really don't want to kill the guy. Now, if it's a rat, it's a different story.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mousetrap

try a find find some droppings and put a trap there. they usually go for the bread and cereal press. They'll starve without something to eat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

peanut butter is the way to go.
    we had the same a month ago,scratching in the wall etc.but they find their way out.thought it was 1 ended up catching 4:eek:.the only good mouse is a dead mouse 'cause if you take it outside and release it it'll only find it's way back i mean would you stay outside in this weather or come inside into the warm and free food!
    have a look around and see if there are any holes in the walls no matter how small and start from there.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bunty2008

Had a good look for droppings last night, but found nothing. Our house is an old house, and there are 5 holes in our bedroom ceiling already, so this little guy doesn't need to do the dirty work to gain access.

In saying that, last night, there wasn't a peep. I am now wondering is it possible it was on teh outside of the house - like the gutter or the eves. Maybe he just moved on. Jesus, I hope so!

Advertisement