Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gingerbread?

Options
  • 08-12-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hey boardies,

Has anyone got a good recipe for gingerbread dough, to use in gingerbread men, and a gingerbread house?

I have tried three failed attempts at gingerbread, First attempt all the cookies joined together in the oven. (I did cool the cut out cookies first in the fridge)
    Second, they were too dry, I thought this was because they were so thin, so the third attempt was the best looking, quite thick, and kept shape, but waaayy too dry.

I have used three different recipes.
    Any tried and tested ones?
    xx Emma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi Emzolita, I reckon there's no beating the bbc Good Food recipe, check out this thread.

This was my last year's house made from it...great stuff!;)

flvywx.jpg

You say it's too dry...is there a chance you're overcooking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

Cut up the pubes of a red headed man, throw them into dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

anticonno16 - if you have nothing worthwhile to add to the thread - do not bother posting.

tHB

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i use the oldums receipe and its brilliant.

i used to only make round ginger but my mammy just posted me a gingerbread man cutter today in the post, guess what i will be doing on saturday :D

http://www.odlums.ie/index.php?page=gingerbread-men

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

was over at my sister's house last week and she was having one of her baking days, she had made 5/6 loafs of gingerbread i had a slice and it was gorgeous. it was really dark and sticky just like that jamacian gingerbread you would buy in the shops, but alot nicer.

must get the recipe off her and stick it up here.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement