Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd recommendation for 6yr old

Options
  • 08-12-2011 6:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wondered if anyone had any recommendations? My six yr old son has just started singing along to songs on the radio and dancing away to them - very funny - especially when its jedwards - lipstick:rolleyes:
    Wanted to get him something appropriate - thought that the NOW range is probably a bit too grown up - worried about inappropriate language:eek:
    Any ideas?

Comments

I picked up Jedward's first album, "Planet Jedward" in HMV the other day for €3.99. It's got all the well known ones except for lipstick, such as Ghostbusters, Ice Ice Baby, Rock DJ, etc. Here

Their newer one, with Lipstick on it is only €7.99.

(By the way, I didn't get them for myself!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

(By the way, I didn't get them for myself!)

thats the thing... I'm not sure that I could cope with listening with it, that's why I was hoping for a compilation, so I get to listen to different songs - hopefully...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I used to love the Now cds as a child:) Now 80 I think we are on now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I used to love the Now cds as a child:) Now 80 I think we are on now.

OMG - I feel soooo old, I remember buying the very 1st one with my pocket money:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Now 8 was my 1st and it was a double tape!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there is this series of pop songs for children now, the Now series is more aimed at teenagers these days, they even allow more explict lyrics then this one does.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;1;-1;-1;-1&sku=390760&_tag.WT.ac=music-PBODY-ALBUMS_HOMEPAGE_NEWRELEASE_4WIDE-390760

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

There are alot of the kids movies that have CD soundtracks - you should check out the soundtrack section in any of the HMV stores. We have a few of them - including a few Disney compilation CD's that include the more popular songs from movies (You've got a friend in me and Beauty & the Beast for example)...I started getting them for my lad at about 6 too - he's 9 now, and still loves them. Oh..and we also got the new Jedward album..which is my guilty pleasure I'm afraid to say;) And the 'Now..' CD is on Santa's list for christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They have a Now Disney out :D

Pop Party is probably the best thing for your little one... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pop-Party-9-Various-Artists/dp/B005P82S0C

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

angeldaisy wrote: »
    thats the thing... I'm not sure that I could cope with listening with it

This. Just like DVDs for the kids, don't buy anything that you won't be able to deal with being played every day for a week or two because it will happen if the kid likes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

There's a blog/website called kids tunes that a friend of mine does with his children. Parent and child reviewed and approved cd's.

• Advertisement

I got mine, JLS, boyzone, Ollie Moors and Jedward last year. They all seem grand. Keep away from Rhianna - I get the fear when she comes on the radio :pac:

Advertisement