Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Scope Mounts

Options
  • 08-12-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

I need to get some new scope mounts, Now it's only a CZ 452 so it's a 11mm rail but i still want reasonable mounts.
    I have a 1" tube and a 50mm objective.
    I had some Sportmatch medium hight and i had about 3mm clearance on the barrel but the are now dead.
    The thing is i want to get so half decent mounts that wont cost the earth and i am unsure of what make or type to get.
    I was thinking of maybe getting a pair of :-

Burris signature 1" Deluxe steel rings, Because of the adjustment they give you before adjusting the scope itself.
    BKL 1" single strap mounts, They are supposed to be good because they have a one piece bottom.
    BLK 1" Double strap mounts, again because they are supposed to be good because they have a one piece bottom.
    Leopold 1" Dual dove tail rings but unsure if you can get the base needed to fit the 11mm Rail.

Any recommendations or advise would be greatly appreciated as i know very little about them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I need to get some new scope mounts, Now it's only a CZ 452 so it's a 11mm rail but i still want reasonable mounts.
    I have a 1" tube and a 50mm objective.
    I had some Sportmatch medium hight and i had about 3mm clearance on the barrel but the are now dead.
    The thing is i want to get so half decent mounts that wont cost the earth and i am unsure of what make or type to get.
    I was thinking of maybe getting a pair of :-

Burris signature 1" Deluxe steel rings, Because of the adjustment they give you before adjusting the scope itself.
    BKL 1" single strap mounts, They are supposed to be good because they have a one piece bottom.
    BLK 1" Double strap mounts, again because they are supposed to be good because they have a one piece bottom.
    Leopold 1" Dual dove tail rings but unsure if you can get the base needed to fit the 11mm Rail.

Any recommendations or advise would be greatly appreciated as i know very little about them.
    Thanks

Have you considered a set of Warne mounts This might be of some help,.http://warnescopemount.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2011-Scope-Ring-Chart.pdf

I bought a set of Warne rings for a CZ527 from http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Hunterjohnb

Check out the CZ website. You can get your mounts from them.They are very reasonable. Just go to czub.cz.On the dropdown menu" where to buy" click on webshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Warne are great rings and mounts at a reasonable price. They performed for me as well as very high end mounts on another rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Pedro,
    I have both Zee rings on Leupold 2 piece weaver bases and XTR's on a picatinny base on my 700's.

I love the look of the XTRs, but the Picatinny rails sit a bit high for my liking. As noted in several previous posts, I am obsessed with getting the scope as close as possible to the barrel.

If I had to do it again, I would probably stick with the Zee/Weaver set up. The picatinny rail is fine for an AR, but I don't like it's look on the 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Check out the CZ website. You can get your mounts from them.They are very reasonable. Just go to czub.cz.On the dropdown menu" where to buy" click on webshop.

Hi, Hunterjohnb,
    I did check them out and the rings are very reasonable but the shipping at €56 makes them uneconomical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Hi, Hunterjohnb,
    I did check them out and the rings are very reasonable but the shipping at €56 makes them uneconomical.

Yeah I found the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Hibrion wrote: »
    Warne are great rings and mounts at a reasonable price. They performed for me as well as very high end mounts on another rifle.

I have multiple sets of Warne rings and hate them all.

If you can get rings that split along the horizontal axis, it makes mounting a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Hibrion wrote: »

+1 for Warne. I have them on six rifles - three with QR rings. They are great value over in Oregon where they are made [Tualatin and Clamackas in Metro-Portland] and are still a great price over here in Yoorup.

@OP - never scrimp on rings, mounts or bases - they are the only connection between your eyeball and the bore of the barrel. Buy the best that you can afford and you'll be good to go. I've never met a CZ that couldn't shoot substantially better than me.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

tac foley wrote: »
    @OP - never scrimp on rings, mounts or bases - they are the only connection between your eyeball and the bore of the barrel.

Some good advise worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Thanks everybody, good advise and i'm going to order tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement