Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iconic Image of Waterford

• 08-12-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Just talking to a few people today and we were thinking what the most iconic image of waterford was where you would look and instantly notice it as Waterford
    Reginalds Tower was generally our consenus or a photo from the Ard Ri.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Photos from mount misery

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

jayboi wrote: »
    Just talking to a few people today and we were thinking what the most iconic image of waterford was where you would look and instantly notice it as Waterford
    Reginalds Tower was generally our consenus or a photo from the Ard Ri.
    Any thoughts?

inside geoffs:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Not a city shot but I think Tramore beach with a view of the metal man would be intsantly recognisable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Dole queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

Templars Hall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

the new waterford crystal building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Not a city shot but I think Tramore beach with a view of the metal man would be intsantly recognisable.

Thats one of the first thoughts I had, also night shots of the quay from across the river, with light trails from cars.
    The new bridge is pretty recognisable, there are a few nice pics of that floating about.
    And the Tall Ships on the quay too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

As an outsider for 8yrs and probably knowing what the old esb building was like I have to say I was and am impressed by the new building even though it is a little boxy looking.

prn1-waterford-crystal-1yhigh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

But...... if your talking about coastal locations this is just one of my all time favourites and surrounding areas.

Irl_DunmoreEast_harbour.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

34818_113349058735468_100001811246185_86007_4819200_n.jpg:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

danjo-xx wrote: »
    But...... if your talking about coastal locations this is just one of my all time favourites and surrounding areas.

Irl_DunmoreEast_harbour.jpg
    defo an old photo!! aint that many fishing boats in the harbour these days!!!

Advertisement