Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce GT 555M Graphics Card

Options
  • 08-12-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if this graphics card would be good enough to play a game like Skyrim. It would be in a laptop with an i7 core (turbo up to 3 GHZ) and 8 GB RAM.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Morbert wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if this graphics card would be good enough to play a game like Skyrim. It would be in a laptop with an i7 core (turbo up to 3 GHZ) and 8 GB RAM.

Yep it should plenty good enough high settings(or extremely close) at regular laptop resolution like 1366 X 768. Sliding down a bit more towards medium if you resolution is higher than that (1440X900 etc).

List of approximate performance expectations here (lots of scrolling required):

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1286423-unofficial-will-my-pc-run-skyrim-thread-55-w-hardware-guide/

Judging by what performance reports I have see from desktop cards the list seems pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Thanks! Will give it a read.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Morbert wrote: »
    Thanks! Will give it a read.

Less reading, more Skyrim buying. :pac:

Advertisement