Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can an end-of-life vehicle be deposited?

• 08-12-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

info c.i.c.
    An end-of-life vehicle must be deposited at an authorised treatment facility. Each vehicle manufacturer or importer is required to have a national collection system in place made up of at least one such treatment facility in every city and council area

These facilities provide a free take-back service for vehicles of that producer’s brand. There may also be an independent facility in your area that will accept your end-of-life vehicle.

If an end-of-life vehicle is deposited at an unauthorised facility, the owner will not receive a certificate of destruction and may remain recorded as registered owner of the vehicle on the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport’s National Vehicle File.

Anyone know where the official one is for Mazda

or an independent one!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

danjo-xx wrote: »

info c.i.c.

Anyone know where the official one is for Mazda

or an independent one!!
    pascal power out in glenmore will take it off ya, but don,t be expecting cash for it he won,t pay!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

pascal power out in glenmore will take it off ya, but don,t be expecting cash for it he won,t pay!!!

thanks IM, but is he an unauthorised facility,who can issue me a certificate of destruction.

Need this so I don't get any future parking fines etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Molloy metals in Enniscorthy (053)9388886 they have an agent in waterford. If the car is driving you should get around €150-€200 for it and an end of life cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

got rid of my mitsubishi in phillip mcbride's a few months back-he's based in hugginstown,kilkenny(25-30mins from waterford)

got 250euro from him too!

@ mytime and daaave, did ye get any paperwork filled out to prove that you had sold the car, because there could be problems down the line if not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

danjo-xx wrote: »
    @ mytime and daaave, did ye get any paperwork filled out to prove that you had sold the car, because there could be problems down the line if not.

Yes I gave them the taxbook and I got a certificate of destruction from them about 5 days later in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

phillip mcbride is listed as an authorised treatment facility for end of life vehicles

http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/Services/Motor_Tax/CarEndofLifeVehiclesELVDirective.13412.shortcut.html

thanks everyone that's great. *thumbs up*

Advertisement