Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a refund on a deposit now I think the supplier will not do the job?

Options
  • 08-12-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Can I get peoples opinion on a problem I am having with a gas fire supplier?

Here is a brief history: I paid 100 euro deposit on a gas fire three weeks ago. At the time the showroom (who have a good reputation) promised me it would be installed the next week or at the latest the following week. After one week my girlfriend called to check if it had arrived and was told it hadn't and they didn't know when it would be. That obviously left me raging but I left it for another week as they did say two weeks maximum. I called to see if it had arrived the following Friday, check installation date etc and was told it was definitely due this Monday and would be installed Thursday (today) or Friday (tomorrow) and that they would call me to confirm at the start of this week. I called on Tuesday and was told they would check if it had arrived and would call me back. No call was received. I called back on Wednesday to tell them they had better get this sorted and was told half of it had arrived, the rest was due in today and they would call me today to arrange installation Monday. Needless to say I didn't get a call.

I paid a 100 euro deposit that says non refundable on it (although I didn't sign the customer part of it to agree to it). While I acknowledge that three weeks is not long to wait, and if they told me it would be three or four weeks I wouldn't have had a problem with it, I feel like I am being fobbed off and I am now worried that if there is a problem I will never be helped. As I now feel that the contract will not be fulfilled - can I legally get the 100 euro back or will I have to resort to standing outside the showroom with a placard warning everyone who goes in?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Advertisement