Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC problems

Options
  • 08-12-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Got a new prebuilt PC yesterday but unfortunately all the Operating system, Mainboard etc was not installed, instead I got a few discs that I thought would easily allow for a quick installation of these components and since then I have had nothing but problems, I installed the Windows operating system 7 first, then the motherboard then afterwards I tryed to install a driver installation disc that had something to do with my graphics card I think, anyway it would not install for windows 7/vista so I had to choose xp/64 option and it worked.. next I went on to installing my wireless PCI adapter and that would not install either.. I wish I never went near it at this stage because I am completely lost as what to do, when I connect the antennas for the PCI card nothing happens and when I try installing using the disc it keeps saying that the PCI card is not in its right place even though it was assembled by the guys at Hardwareversand and there is no switch or anything.. Should I uninstall everything and start from scratch by getting somebody who know's what they are doing to do it for me or is it soemthing minor that is causing this ?
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=42568&agid=271 wireless card

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=50894&agid=1232 motherboard

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=39504&agid=1004 graphics card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Graphics card should be in the first (from top) blue slot. PCI card should be in the last white slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

this is how far i got :confused:

PCI card goes in the light blue slot on the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

ahh ok cheers m8,ill whipit out tomorrow, how does that aafp connector when i plug the connector into the bit where the pins are it only goes in so far and dont want to snap the pins on the board :(

Um... what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mk94

In what order do I programme the computer, I got this computer custom made so I have to install the motherboard etc by cd.. I installed windows 7 O/S first then what from there ??

PS- When I place the CD in for wireless PCI adapter installation It won't allow me to install.. should I do something before trying to install it or must I install something else first ie the motherboard which I did already (I just placed the cd in for it and clicked OK to everything) maybe this is causing problems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Maybe you need .net to run the installer. Search for the latest version from the microsoft update site.

Edit: http://www.microsoft.com/net/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Should actually work straight out it think, try googling the name of the wireless and install issues see what you turn up. Actually whats the name of the card ..?

Actually Try monotypes suggestion first. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

mk94 wrote: »
    In what order do I programme the computer, I got this computer custom made so I have to install the motherboard etc by cd.. I installed windows 7 O/S first then what from there ??

PS- When I place the CD in for wireless PCI adapter installation It won't allow me to install.. should I do something before trying to install it or must I install something else first ie the motherboard which I did already (I just placed the cd in for it and clicked OK to everything) maybe this is causing problems ?

Install Windows 7 first

then install the drivers for your motherboard as you said you have the cd install all the drivers windows 7 use express installation as you most likely wont be comfortable choosing custom.

Install the graphics card drivers using the cd again using express.

Then you can try installing the wireless card if you have problems you could try connecting the lan cable to the pc and install updates for windows first.

I have found the problem with the PCI wireless card it says " Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller doesn't have a driver" any ideas ?

• Advertisement

There is also no audio connection in the back of my screen :L there's a power slot, VGA slot and a DVI slot, I got a power cord and a VGA cord, nothing else.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have found the problem with the PCI wireless card it says " Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller doesn't have a driver" any ideas ?

Install the chipset drivers first, from the mobo CD, then the Wifi drivers, right click on "Computer" in Start Menu>Properties>device manager, are there many items there with a yellow exclamation mark?

Nick

No, just under other deviced which says USB controller

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

You haven't installed the motherboard drivers correctly

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

No, just under other deviced which says USB controller

Try right click on the unidentified item>update driver and point it to the driver disc, failing that your mobo drivers may not be installed properly

Nick

Advertisement