Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From After Hours

Options
  • 08-12-2011 9:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

My first thread on this has disappeared from here, i wrote it 20 mins ago:confused:

I was banned from after hours for 14 days for a post that was a light hearted jive at another poster who took it as such, i feel i was banned by the mod who has a vendetta against me and who will use any opportunity to ban me just because he does not agree with my politics, the reason he gave for banning me was for trolling when anybody could see that it was far from trolling and only a light hearted Jive.
    This mod can also be seen thanking any poster that disagrees with me on numerous threads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

My first thread on this has disappeared from here, i wrote it 20 mins ago:confused:

No idea on that, the Mods of this forum might be able to comment
    I was banned from after hours for 14 days for a post that was a light hearted jive at another poster

It doesn't come across as light hearted, it comes across as taking an opportunity to have a go at another poster
    Given you have previous bans for similar it is easy to see why it could be taken that way

The phrase attack the post not the poster springs to mind
    who took it as such,

Just because someone has thick skin doesn't mean the post isn't actionable
    i feel i was banned by the mod who has a vendetta against me and who will use any opportunity to ban me just because he does not agree with my politics, the reason he gave for banning me was for trolling when anybody could see that it was far from trolling and only a light hearted Jive.
    This mod can also be seen thanking any poster that disagrees with me on numerous threads.

To be honest i don't need to comment on this as it really has nothing to do with the DRP but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they will have a vendetta against you

Given that all your bans from AH aren't from the same Mod I think we can rule that one out also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So your telling me that a 14 day ban is a right for this?
    Well personally this mod does have it in for me, as i said he thanks any posters who disagree with me and i have disagreed with him in the past myself, so he was looking for any reason to ban me, i go on many fourms here and not one mod on any forum would ban a poster for what i said.
    Im willing to take a ban for this but 14 days come on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Given that all your bans from AH aren't from the same Mod I think we can rule that one out also

Yeah they were not all from the same mod but from 2 mods who both happen to live in Galway city, all my bans from after hours are from these 2 mods who happen to be good friends and live in Galway.
    Show a bit of imparcialability here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

So your telling me that a 14 day ban is a right for this?
    Well personally this mod does have it in for me, as i said he thanks any posters who disagree with me and i have disagreed with him in the past myself, so he was looking for any reason to ban me, i go on many fourms here and not one mod on any forum would ban a poster for what i said.
    Im willing to take a ban for this but 14 days come on.

Sometimes bans aren't just for a single post and the post that incurrs the ban is just an accumilation of previous behavior that the Mod feels the need to put a stop to, this seems to be the case here

Forum bans are generally implemented on an increasing scale, you have 3 previous AH bans, your last one was for 7 days, this one being for 14 days would not be unusual

Being honest if it was me Moderating I would have given you am month as you clearly are not getting the hint from the previous bans
    Yeah they were not all from the same mod but from 2 mods who both happen to live in Galway city, all my bans from after hours are from these 2 mods who happen to be good friends and live in Galway.
    Show a bit of imparcialability here.

So it has gone from a vendetta to a conspiracy now?

Why not try a bit of self reflection and have a look at your own behaviour and see if any blame can be placed there before assuming the Mods have it in for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement