Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair's new charges

Options
  • 08-12-2011 10:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

Increased baggage and re-issue of boarding pass charges, I think this is offically cheap travel finished:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

ah they were never really cheap if you were bringing bags. hand luggage all the way. the cheap fares are there to get you on the plane and they make money of everything else.
    its all about playing them at their own game which is easy enough to win!
    .... or at least not lose money on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Doom wrote: »
    ...re-issue of boarding pass charges.....(

Is this issue still not sorted?

Didn't a Spanish punter take them to court over this, and win? I think Ryanair were appealing and continuing to charge while the appeal was ongoing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Is this issue still not sorted?

Didn't a Spanish punter take them to court over this, and win? I think Ryanair were appealing and continuing to charge while the appeal was ongoing

Answering my own question, sure did!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Doom wrote: »
    Increased baggage and re-issue of boarding pass charges, I think this is offically cheap travel finished:(

for those who abuse the baggage system and forget their boarding cards, then yes.

for the rest of us, who book in online and take the proper allocated allowance, then its great..... we get our cheap flights, subsidised by the ones who refuse to accept what your asked to do -

book and pay for flights
    print your boarding card
    keep your bag to a specified size and under 10kg
    get on place
    get off

the simple concept of travelling with low cost airlines, is lost to many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

+1

I find Ryanair great, the only thing that annoys me is the other passengers bringing on a bag thats clearly outside the size restrictions. The reason this annoys me is because if you don't get on early, the overhead luggage compartment is full with some idiots bag because they tried to dodge the system while you followed the rules.

And Ryanair are usually on time.

Look at what you want, and then pay based on the final price, its not bloody rocket science, Aer Lingus is usually always more expensive that Ryanair for me, plus i live 15 minutes from the Airport.

Advertisement