Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal pole for opening the attic.

Options
  • 08-12-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Bought a house in carrigaline recently. Just came to know that the metal pole to open the attic is missing. Is there any place where I can get the pole alone? Friends advise me that the metal pole, which comes as a part of the attic staircase, cant be bought alone. Is it true? Would anyone suggest me someone selling the metal pole..

Thanks.

Mat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have you tried popping down to the co-op they would surely have one, or any of the DIY stores...It shouldnt be too expensice either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

You can create your own pole by getting a long bit of wood and screwing a small metal hook into it. That's what we did. Unless your attic door requires some special contraption to open it.

If you have to have the original, try calling the company that supplied the staircase, perhaps their name is on the staricase somewhere. If they tell you it can't be bought on its own tell them that's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Improvise OP. As the poster above me said. Just use a hook on a piece of wood. An untangled hanger would probably do the job or even a rake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Find a tall person to do it....my parents always make me do it :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mmmads

Thanks everyone.. I will try co-op or else I will make one on my own...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Is it one with a handle, or one with a little square keyhole?.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If it's the square hole a 1/4" ratchet fits perfectly.
    I've used a screwdriver/ratchet head on one before and it works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mmmads

Yes, its one with a little square keyhole..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It's a Farko door, fairly popular, ring a few builders providers,they usually have spare keys.

Advertisement