Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIgNET Time date lost

Options
  • 08-12-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi KoolKid, I am first time here so didn't know how to ask you a question directly. Just trying this way. Have problem with europlex signet alarm installed by securigard about 3 years ago in my apartment. I got a message today saying 'time and date lost' and warning light blinking. Alarm itself works OK, just have to force it when setting it on. Can't access clock settings from main manu and they refuse to explain me how to do this unless I pay 100 euro for a visit! As I was reading differnt forums found out might need engineer code. HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks a million!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lichter wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid, I am first time here so didn't know how to ask you a question directly. Just trying this way. Have problem with europlex signet alarm installed by securigard about 3 years ago in my apartment. I got a message today saying 'time and date lost' and warning light blinking. Alarm itself works OK, just have to force it when setting it on. Can't access clock settings from main manu and they refuse to explain me how to do this unless I pay 100 euro for a visit! As I was reading differnt forums found out might need engineer code. HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks a million!!!!

When you try and set the system what are to forcing off the system to allow it to arm ? I would try powering the system down, mains and battery and see when you power it back up if the system returns to normal.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The SigNET requires alerts to be cleared.
    Enter your code and let us know what displays?
    If it shows time/date lost is the right soft key the option to clear? If so press that .
    When the option is to Full Set scroll down to menu & press select.
    If the code permissions allow you should be able to navigate to Time/Date from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lichter

Thanks for quick reply lads, tried everything what you suggest before, they removed set time option from scroll down menu, it is probably accesible only from engineers, more suggestions? Thx again!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK Step by step.....
    What displays as soon as you enter the code?
    PS Seperated from Horizon Thread

Before I put my code it says 'date time lost', when I key in the code it says 'fullset', when I press select it asks 'date time lost' (left bottom quit, right bottom force), when force selected it starts counting before activation and works then.

• Advertisement

When full set is on the screen try arrow down.

It goes:

partset a
    partset b
    menus

when enter menus it goes:

inhibit
    isolate
    test
    event log
    chime
    change code

and inhibit again...

As you can see time setting is removed.
    Thank you once more for trying to help me today, need to log off now, will check for news (hopefully problem solved) tomorrow. Good night!

Thats a very strage set up. Why give you access to others & not to set time/date ?

Here is the manual
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/78653/184444.pdf
    Try & change code/add code & see does it let you set up code permissions. Other than that you will require engineer access?
    Its possible you may be able to get access via SigNET Pro.
    Where are you located??

Lichter wrote: »
    It goes:

partset a
    partset b
    menus

when enter menus it goes:

inhibit
    isolate
    test
    event log
    chime
    change code

and inhibit again...

As you can see time setting is removed.
    Thank you once more for trying to help me today, need to log off now, will check for news (hopefully problem solved) tomorrow. Good night!

Is there only one user code set up on the system ?

I am beginning to think this is some sort of bug. Its strange that the system loses the time & them that option disappears from the menu.
    Why would an installer go out of his way to remove rights to set time/date while still allow change code etc?

• Advertisement

If that is the case the panel may need to be flashed with a more up to date software to clear it, strange one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

One thing I don't like about this panel is the various bugs that pop up.
    I would start by putting a mains filter on the incoming supply to the panel and a ferrite core on the bus cable, I have started to do this as standard.
    I would advise getting the alarm looked at

I would be interested in seeing what firmware versionis on this panel.

If it is starting to give issues then upgrading the firmware might solve the issue.
    I would get the installation company to have a look and let you know what is wrong.

Advertisement