Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 and 13 month vaccinations together??

Options
  • 08-12-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I was at the GP with my 12 month old daughter two weeks ago for a bug and he reminded me of the imminent vaccinations required but said to wait until the bug was cleared. So the appontment is made for tomorrow. But he also made an aside comment about doing the 12 and 13 month ones together. She technically won't be 13 months by tomorrow, and surely there's a reason for spacing them out and not doing them on the same day? I don't want to overwhelm her system, and I certainly don't want the decision made on what's convenient for the doctor.
    Anybody have any good reasons against this in case I have to make a stand?? (Or conversely any good health reasons for it?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd space them about a week apart in case of side effects/general grouchiness after vaccinations...

The MMR in particular is supposed to make them extra special grouchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My lady got her 12 month shots yesterday. The nurse told me effects of MMR vaccine are supressed for up to 2 weeks so I would space them out at least that amount, especially if she has not been well lately her immune system might be a bit low. We won't be going back for the next lot for another month, would prefer to give her a chance to recover fully before she has to deal with more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

All good (well, except for not-happy baby...), got the 12 months ones as expected and back in a month. I think I must have misinterpreted the doctor when he said about her getting two injections today - the MMR and PCV that are the 12 month vaccinations :o

Advertisement