Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Anytime+

• 08-12-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Is it working on the sky+ box?

I note that the software on the sky + hd box is ready for a network (see settings - network) - I understand if you were in the uk this would allow sky anytime+ to be used within the sky box functions. To my knowledge this feature is only being advertised as a feature in a sky go app in an iPad/iPhone/ pc/mac in Ireland . So before I start moving around my router - getting a Ethernet extension and trying it for myself I am really wondering if someone out there has tried it already?

Sorry for sounding so damn lazy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

ads20101 wrote: »
    Is it working on the sky+ box?

I note that the software on the sky + hd box is ready for a network (see settings - network) - I understand if you were in the uk this would allow sky anytime+ to be used within the sky box functions. To my knowledge this feature is only being advertised as a feature in a sky go app in an iPad/iPhone/ pc/mac in Ireland . So before I start moving around my router - getting a Ethernet extension and trying it for myself I am really wondering if someone out there has tried it already?

Sorry for sounding so damn lazy.

Yes I tried it and no it does not work.

After a little research I found you need Sky Broadband the service is not carried on any other broadband networks.

So in short Sky Anytime Plus does not work on Sky boxes in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Ranicand wrote: »

After a little research I found you need Sky Broadband the service is not carried on any other broadband networks.

Cheers ranicand, much as I thought. Thanks for the info.:eek:

ads20101 wrote: »
    Ranicand wrote: »

Cheers ranicand, much as I thought. Thanks for the info.:eek:

Why do sky Ireland viewers always get the worst deals? And yet we pay more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

In the uk you must have broadband through Sky for it to work. As for Irish access I heard that eircom were being looked at as the Irish provider, but that was months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

In the uk you must have broadband through Sky for it to work. As for Irish access I heard that eircom were being looked at as the Irish provider, but that was months ago.

Oh wonderful, a provider that gives us lower download caps than most and limits us on torrent sites (and I mean for legal purposes only).

I'd say that eircom would be reluctant enough, mainly because the broadband infrastructure is basically not up to the job and they would be in the main firing line when people start using streaming vid for primary entertainment and the whole damn thing starts slowing up. You only need to look at the initial panic caused by the commencement of Netflix in the new year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement