Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Playoff Fantasy League

Options
  • 08-12-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Same as last season, some fantasy is better than no fantasy! I'll make the details public as it really doesn't matter how many join the league or even how active they are as everyone picks from a complete pool of play-off elligable players and play indirectly against the entire league, not single opponents.

League URL: http://challengegames.nfl.com/playoffchallenge/leagues/1149?icampaign=PC_LM_email_invite

The league password is: tebow4ever

How to Play
    b) Pick Your Players: The object of the Promotion is to pick the NFL players who you think will perform best in their actual NFL games for each weekly scoring period. For each of the four (4) weekly scoring periods (as defined above), you may pick a total of eight (8) players per period: one (1) quarterback; two (2) running backs; two (2) wide receivers; one (1) tight end; one (1) kicker; and one (1) team defense/special teams from the player roster provided on the Promotion Game Page. You may select the same player multiple times during the Promotion Period assuming his team progresses through the playoffs. The players you select for each week will accumulate fantasy points based on the Scoring System below.

To select your players for any weekly scoring period, visit the Promotion Game Page (as directed above), which will feature a player roster, and follow the instructions provided to make your player selections by the deadline(s) outlined in the chart above. If your pick(s) is submitted by the relevant deadline outlined, this selection will be your active player(s) for that applicable weekly scoring period during the Promotion Period.

Note: For NFL players who play more than one position, NFL.com will determine position eligibility. If you select a player for one position but then such player plays another eligible position for that applicable game (e.g. a running back plays wide receiver), his statistics at the new position will count towards your fantasy point total but he will still take up the positional slot of his initial position.

c) Player Selection Deadline: The deadline for choosing or modifying your player and position selection for each weekly scoring period is prior to kickoff of the applicable game in which the player(s) is playing, as determined by Sponsor.

Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your fantasy points. Selections cannot be modified for any game that is in progress or is already completed. Fantasy points will not be awarded if 1.) a player selection is not made by the applicable deadline, 2.) the selected NFL player(s) does not play in the game for any reason, 3.) the selected NFL player does not perform any of the actions listed below to generate any points in a game, 4.) a game is cancelled for any reason, or 5.) a game is postponed or rescheduled, for any reason, to take place during a subsequent weekly scoring period.

All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.

5. Scoring System:
    During each weekly scoring period throughout the Promotion Period, you will earn fantasy points based on the statistics accumulated by the NFL players that you have chosen for the applicable weekly scoring period using the following scoring system:

Offense Statistic (QB, RB, WR, TE, K): Fantasy Points:
    Rushing or Receiving Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
    Passing Touchdown: 4 fantasy points
    Field Goal: 3 fantasy points
    Passing, Rushing or Receiving Two-Point Conversion: 2 fantasy points
    Rushing or Receiving: 1 fantasy point per 10 yards
    Passing: 1 fantasy point per 25 yards
    Extra Point: 1 fantasy point

Defense/Special Teams (D/ST): Fantasy Points:
    Punt Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
    Kickoff Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
    Fumble Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
    Interception Return Touchdown: 6 fantasy points
    Allowing 0 Points: 10 fantasy points
    Allowing 2-6 Points: 7 fantasy points
    Allowing 7-13 Points: 4 fantasy points
    Allowing 14-17 Points: 1 fantasy point
    Allowing 18-21 Points: 0 fantasy points
    Allowing 22-27 Points: -1 fantasy point
    Allowing 28-34 Points: -4 fantasy points
    Allowing 35-45 Points: -7 fantasy points
    Allowing 46+ Points: -10 fantasy points
    Team Win: 5 fantasy points
    Interception: 2 fantasy points
    Fumble Recovery: 2 fantasy points
    Blocked Punt: 2 fantasy points
    Blocked Field Goal or Blocked Extra Point: 2 fantasy points
    Safety: 2 fantasy points
    Sack: 1 fantasy points
    The fantasy points accumulated by each player during one (1) weekly scoring period will be multiplied by the number of consecutive weeks in which the player has been on your roster assuming such player's team progresses through the playoffs. For example: A user selects Tom Brady, NE in the Wild Card round. Brady earns 15 fantasy points in the first weekly scoring period therefore the participant is awarded 15 points for the ï¬rst weekly scoring period. If NE advances to the Divisional Playoffs and the participant selects to keep Brady on his/ her roster for the second consecutive weekly scoring period, and Brady earns 20 fantasy points in his Divisional Playoff game, the participant will earn 40 points for the second consecutive weekly scoring period (20 x 2 = 40). Those 40 points will be added to the 15 points earned in the first weekly scoring period for a two-week total of 55 points (15 + 40 = 55). In addition, a user can select Tom Brady, NE in the Wild Card round even if the New England Patriots have a bye into the Divisional Round. In this case, the user would not earn any points for the Wild Card round, but would then be eligible to earn “double points†in the Divisional round, since Brady was on the team's roster for 2 weekly scoring periods.

Scoring Notes

Offensive Scoring (QB, RB, WR, TE, K): Scoring will be calculated according to the following example: If a QB throws for 200 net yards, 2 TDs - rushes for 20 yards, 1 touchdown - and has 25 yards receiving, his point total for the round would be: 2 passing touchdowns = 8 points, 1 rushing touchdown = 6 points, 200yds Passing = 8 points, 20yds Rushing = 2 points, 25yds receiving = 2 points; or 26 total points for the round. Please note that, if you have an active QB and an active WR who play for the same NFL team, and your QB throws a touchdown pass to your WR, then you are credited with two touchdowns on the play and you receive 6 points for each touchdown (12 points total). Also, it should be noted that players on your active roster at an offensive position cannot receive individual offensive points for your team when they are on special teams.
    Kicking scores: Kicking statistics (field goal, extra point) can be scored by any individual offensive player, notably your Kicker (K). A team Defense/Special Teams unit (D/ST) will not earn points for field goals or extra points.
    Defensive / Special Team scores (Touchdowns, Fumble Recoveries, Interceptions, Safeties or Sacks): Your defense is awarded points when any one of its members generates either a touchdown, interception, fumble recovery, safety or sack. Your defense also is awarded points for a kickoff or punt return that results in a touchdown. For instance, if your active defense is the Saints, and Darren Sproles returns a punt for a touchdown, your defense (the Saints) gets 6 points. But in that same situation, a team using Sproles as an active RB would NOT be awarded 6 points for that touchdown.
    Defensive Points Allowed: ALL points allowed by the team as a whole will be taken into account. Be aware this includes points scored against the offense (touchdown from an interception, safeties, etc.) and special teams (punt return for a touchdown) as well as those scored against the defense.
    Defensive Touchdowns: Defensive touchdowns are any touchdowns scored by the defensive team. This includes fumble returns and interception returns.
    Special Teams Touchdowns: Special Teams Touchdowns are touchdowns scored by punt returns, kickoff returns or returns of a blocked Field Goal kick or punt.
    Total Yards Allowed: Total yards allowed will be calculated by adding the opposing team's Total Rushing and Total Passing Yards gained.
    Rounding will NOT be used when calculating points from statistics. For example, 49 yards rushing will result in 4 points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm in, team not good enough to compete, mocking an honest comment made by the GM of division 5 about the state of my team. Of course after he made that comment I went on a 5 game winning streak, made the playoffs and nearly got a first round bye.

Now all attention turns to this, team will be way harder to pick than last year, only lock on my team is Rice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Joined.

Have learned my lesson after not paying attention to the rules last year !

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Gronkowski or Graham ?

Really torn between these two, went for Gronk but I'm thinking that the Saints will make it to the Super Bowl whereas I don't think the Patriots will. Gronkowski will probably score more touchdowns though.

Opinions ?

Can't say I like the accumulator thing, I mean, it's cool, but it takes players like Calvin Johnson, Roddy White and Victor Cruz out of the equation because they don't seem superbowl bound. Right now I'm going Brees, Rice, Sproles, Nelson, Jennings, Graham, Crosby, Ravens D. I like the Ravens for the AFC, but obviously they're not great at fantasy, and I can't decide between the Saints and the Pack for the NFC.

• Advertisement

73 points from round one, not bad considering I was only using 4 players, and now I get double points for all my round 2 guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've only 3 guys in round 1, 23 points so far with Redman to come, not picking foster may have been a mistake :)

184 points so far this week, but a bad week because the accumulator is over on 4 key Saints players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

matthew8 wrote: »
    184 points so far this week, but a bad week because the accumulator is over on 4 key Saints players.

Yeah i lost 5 saints there so that fecks up my chances although those 5 netted me 196 :D

Yeah i lost 5 saints there so that fecks up my chances although those 5 netted me 196 :D

It's mad, you basically have to have all your week one players getting to at least the Championship game, maybe the SB. Gonna be hard to pick a RB and WR next week. I'm thinking Jennings and Gore, but I really don't see Gore going to the SB.

• Advertisement

Well considering 6 of my 8 accumulators (and hence my chance of winning) are gone, I may aswell get behind my Ravens, with a Flacco/Rice/Williams/Boldin/Smith/Pitta/Cundiff/Ravens team. UNless I find out that everyone else has had their accumulators ruined.

Advertisement