Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

driver problems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Is the Windows Generic driver not working ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LCD screens don't need drivers, once you have the GPU ones you should be fine, drivers for LCDs are usually only for ones which have proprietry software by the manufacturer allowing tweaking

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Open Device manager

Expand out Monitor

Right click on your LG flatron W2363D

Select Update Drivers from drop down menu

Browse to where those 3 files are on the HDD and the select update or OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

the drivers that install when i installed windows 7 itself? no unless there's a control panel option i don't know about. the problem is the screen doesn't fill the full 23" of the monitor. it's just 20" at the minute. when i installed the drivers the first time the screen used the full 23" of the monitor after i restarted the pc

thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

yoyo wrote: »
    LCD screens don't need drivers, once you have the GPU ones you should be fine, drivers for LCDs are usually only for ones which have proprietry software by the manufacturer allowing tweaking

Nick

How will the GPU know the monitor is 3D capable?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

old_aussie wrote: »
    How will the GPU know the monitor is 3D capable?

OP didn't make it clear that it was a 3D display, I just assumed it was a standard LCD

Nick

Advertisement