Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 Ball in Dublin

• 09-12-2011 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin where one could play 9 ball on decent 9 ball tables with decent house cues? Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Morning Ian, place in Camden Street called The Palace used to have 9 ball. Haven't been up that way in a while though so maybe ring them before checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Leisureplex in Stillorgan used to have at least one 9-ball table, quality of it not great.

Not sure if Goodfellows in Rathmines is still open, could try there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Pighead wrote: »
    Morning Ian, place in Camden Street called The Palace used to have 9 ball. Haven't been up that way in a while though so maybe ring them before checking it out.

I think The Palace is closed down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 detroit1

http://www.thepoolknightshack.info/ anybody interested PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

'break for the borders' by st.stephen green do them i think, it has been as while since i last went there.. give that a try

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

zack01 wrote: »
    CrossGuns are in the process of installing two brand new 9x5 american 9 ball pool tables in the club. And as CrossGuns are doing it you can be sure they will be perfect.
    What about toilet?Worse then in prison :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

detroit1 wrote: »
    What about toilet?Worse then in prison :D

I take it you hav'nt been there recently then

Maybe now changed,i now recently don't like this place the man is not polite and is thinking is good with servicing cue,when he changed tip in my new cue he damage my shaft with sandpapper,i don't come back to this place because i have game for 1euros a day in my club:D

I didn't remind him about this because i left him and i will not pay him anymore for games,he should respect all customers.Sometime is not open at time,i remember i was waiting long time behind this place.Come shackpoolknight and everybody can come,good atmosphere and private :D u can stay there 24/h and nobody will mention about this because u a member:D

gde wrote: »
    The Palace in Camden street have 13 american pool tables and 9 of them have just been recovered by Ger Dunphy and you can get a beer !
    I was there before but this is crazy when is busy u can play only 1 hour,in this club u can bring ur own food and drink (alcohol too) :)

• Advertisement

Two new Riley 9ft American 9 balls up and running from Friday night in CrossGuns.

I know and saw today but i'm not going there:D

detroit1 wrote: »
    I know and saw today but i'm not going there:D

You should stick to your own place then and stop complaining about other clubs such as Camden Street and CrossGuns, if it's as good as you claim it to be then why go elsewhere???

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Was thinking of buying a new Brunswick 9 ft table, For my back of my house, to practice before playing big competitions in Thailand, nine ball and eight ball... Where to buy one ? England i would say, I only want Brunswick not Rileys... Bought a cue from Bangkok, A Predators Cue, the best cue i ever bought, cost me €400, in thailand it is supposed to be cheap... I played 10 hours everyday in Thailand for 3 months... Competitions very popular there compared to here in Ireland... Nine ball competition in Pattaya every thursday and Sunday, very fair competition for all, a handicap, for example I'm bad player grade at C playing a top player garde a A+4, I only have to win two while he have to win ten games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

Was thinking of buying a new Brunswick 9 ft table, For my back of my house, to practice before playing big competitions in Thailand, nine ball and eight ball... Where to buy one ? England i would say, I only want Brunswick not Rileys... Bought a cue from Bangkok, A Predators Cue, the best cue i ever bought, cost me €400, in thailand it is supposed to be cheap... I played 10 hours everyday in Thailand for 3 months... Competitions very popular there compared to here in Ireland... Nine ball competition in Pattaya every thursday and Sunday, very fair competition for all, a handicap, for example I'm bad player grade at C playing a top player garde a A+4, I only have to win two while he have to win ten games..

You played 10 hours a day everyday? What way do Grades work if you're only Grade C after all that?

I'm Grade A... Grade works like Handicap in Golf... The win in the competition would earn you a upgrade... When I first started playing there, they asked me if I,m good, I told em fairly good, they put me on C.. Then I was playing on the top table, Potted all balls without missing a shot, The committee was there to watch the first timers, he came over to me , told me to switch from C to A... But Anyway, I think they are very fair , The commmitee, Four English in all... Very good competition though, To enter is 500 bt (€12).. You play the first round, You win, you go on to the next round, if you lose that round, you go to the loser group, If you go all the way to the loser group final and win, you will have to play the winner of the winners group... Everybody have another chance. Even if the winners group winner lost to the winner of the loser group, he get another chance as well, to play again in another final with same player....

Two new Riley 9ft American 9 balls up and running from Friday night in CrossGuns.

Here's the link for the American Pool tables in CrossGuns.....

http://www.crossgunssnookerclub.com/americanpool.html

http://www.crossgunssnookerclub.com/americanpool.html[/QUOTE]

They are asking for €10 an hour... They offer special rates for Snooker but not Pool... ? That will not attract the pool players... ?

http://www.crossgunssnookerclub.com/americanpool.html[/QUOTE]

They are asking for €10 an hour... They offer special rates for Snooker but not Pool... ? That will not attract the pool players... ?

Quite the opposite, the American Pool is proving very popular in tne club.

Quite the opposite, the American Pool is proving very popular in tne club.

That is great to hear,,, I met Efren Reyes , former number world champion in Thailand... And three other filipingo Pool Players, They came for a big competition in 2010 , 10 thai men and 4 filipingo , 3 English, so on... Guess who was in the Semi Final ? Four filipingo !!! Anyway, I was watching em for four days of pool , Fantastic players... I hope the Nine ball will be a attractions in Ireland, But the Ecomony gloom in Ireland is preventing potential pool players around the counties in Ireland... Efren Reyes, What a player he is... Sometimes I love watching on you tube of Efren..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JMoney

Planning on trying out Crossguns tonight... Anyone up for a game or two? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

JMoney wrote: »
    Planning on trying out Crossguns tonight... Anyone up for a game or two? :)

I would of been up for an hr 9 ball, for the craic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JMoney

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    I would of been up for an hr 9 ball, for the craic:D

I'll post up if i go again!

Late notice i know but if anyone is interested in playing in an a pool flyer this afternoon in CrossGuns pm me here or txt to 0868196760.

Entry is the usual €10 with winner take all, last weeks flyer had 12 runners with the winner picking up €120 minus around €15 for table cost, not bad for a couple of hours fun!!

Flyer needs a minimum of 8 runners.

Play will start at 3pm

any one else tempted to go?! whats the standard like? I'm fairly sh*t so would be going for the craic :D

whats it the first to?

The standard wont be anything too exceptional, but with the huge pockets on the american pool tables and the fast cloths you see complete beginners beat seasoned players allthe time.

is it a one frame shoot out?

With pool it would have to be at least a best of five.
    I'll post back here around 1 with more details if get the numbers.

With pool it would have to be at least a best of five.
    I'll post back here around 1 with more details if get the numbers.

Is this going ahead?

• Advertisement

Only 6 runners so will postpone until next week, will give plenty of notice next time. Thanks to the guys who called, I'll keep you posted.

Advertisement