Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda CN250/Helix bits

• 09-12-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I'm on the lookout for a starter and cylinder block for a Honda CN250. Thing is, I don't know if any of these scooters existed in Ireland. I've had a fool about on google, but can't find any reference to them being here. I think they were aka as a Helix. There was also cloned versions from China. Do they exist here, or were they known as something else here? Thanks in advance for any info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I seem to recall a few helixes on the road. Sorry to pimp another forum but a few of the posters there may know - even if the auto section doesn't have any activity: scooteire.3.forumer.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Don't tell me you forgot about eBay? Loads of bits for them available.

Cylinder

Starter (Ok, its in the US but I'm sure you could locate one closer if you want to wait - I'd just buy this one though...)

'cptr (Don't mention it...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Thanks Killgore Trout. I'll give them a look see.

Interceptor, no, I didn't forget ebay at all. Saw that one there alright, but was hoping to get one in Ireland. A second hand one would do me fine too. Thanks for sussing out ebay though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

just so you know, the first piaggio big autos were honda engined, the piaggio hexagon 250 definitely has the same engine, youll be able to tell from looking at the piaggio photos' the exhaust on that engine is pretty unique

Were they a fairly rare bike in Ireland?

• Advertisement

ive only come accross one or 2 in the few years ive been biking. id say there was more than there was helixes though, if you are looking around a breakers and they have nothing tell them a hexagon is the same and they might actually have it without knowing?

Sound. That's the kinda info I need. Like you say, they might have it without knowing. From doing the same kinda of hunting with cars, I know some manufacturers use other manufacturers parts in their gear. If the hexagon is a more familiar sounding name, it'd help me a lot.

look at it this way, there was new hexes sold here, there wasnt new helixes.

also worth noting the hexagon was produced up until 01/02 with the honda engine onboard so that should open you to even getting a newer engine,

Advertisement