Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian restaurant in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

When we got the bill, we nearly had heart failure. For four meals (which were for the most part sent back uneaten as they were so bad), three soft drinks and one cider, it was E150!!!! ................

No prices on the menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I went to Eastern Tandoori twice, both times it was very disappointing. For such a well located and nice looking restaurant they are miles behind.

An Indian friend ate in Bombay and said that the food was good, that it was in not as good as authentic home cooked Indian food (which he would have eaten at home etc), that the spices were prepared in bulk (fresh spices nonetheless) and that for the type of restaurant that it was he was very happy with it and thought it was good, he had Lamb Jal Frezi or Lamb Vindaloo, i forget which.

That all sounds a bit vague I guess, but I guess that you will not get an authentic Indian meal in a country with such a small Indian population.

That being said I ate Chinese in Londons chinatown last year and thought it was pretty ****e compared to the Ambassador in Cork (I'm not a chicken curry and chips kind of eater either).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭braintoxic

Im going to spice in carragline tonight.il report back but based on past experiences i doubt it will be anything but good .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

RoverJames wrote: »
    No prices on the menu?

Yes, there were. And?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Dermighty wrote: »
    That being said I ate Chinese in Londons chinatown last year and thought it was pretty ****e compared to the Ambassador in Cork (I'm not a chicken curry and chips kind of eater either).

That's a real shame. Where did you go? IMO Mr Kong's on Lisle St is the best. If you're in Chinatown another time, then pop in there. The food's da bomb!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

braintoxic wrote: »
    Im going to spice in carragline tonight.il report back but based on past experiences i doubt it will be anything but good .

Do you work there or something? We get it, you like the place :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Availed of that offer with some friends, we booked it for the evening of December 22nd. When we got there it was closed!!! Change of management apparently. Annoying, as they didn't mention this when they were taking the booking. We ended up going to an Indian in Midleton instead (also nice, named Sangam, good menu including paneer dishes! :) ).

have eaten take away from the carrigtwohill Inidan a good few times, and it's always without fault and dam tasty.
    They have had the offer of 2 starters, 2 mains, side's, and a Naan, and bottle of wine for €30 for a while now. it's Cooked from scratch, and do not mind waiting 20/30 mins for this, way better than the 10 min waiting times in other take outs where stuff is cooked way "too Quick" !! always get the popadums and dips free gratis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 richie1313

SomeFool wrote: »
    The Raj in Kerrypike is excellent imo - bit out though.

I agree...the unfortunately named Raj Gaylord's is very nice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

richie1313 heres not the place to have a go at a restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭braintoxic

Faith wrote: »

Do you work there or something? We get it, you like the place :rolleyes:.
    No need for the smart reply thank you

• Advertisement

Yes, there were. And?

I don't understand the surprise when the bill arrived if the prices were clear at time of ordering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I've heard really good reviews on this place from a mate who is from the UK and knows his curries but it's a bit of a trek for me to get there. I'm going back to London in a few days and will be having curry every night to make up for the lack of it in Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

pow wow wrote: »

I've heard really good reviews on this place from a mate who is from the UK and knows his curries but it's a bit of a trek for me to get there. I'm going back to London in a few days and will be having curry every night to make up for the lack of it in Cork :D
    We eat in spice in carrigaline on a regular basis and find it excellent .the staff are very helpful and try hard.the food has never disappointed us either.as far as I know they are not indian but bangladeshi. good luck to them, making a business work at the moment is not easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Anyone any reports on the Indian dishes in the Village Inn, Mayfield SC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Where would you like me to begin? ...

Thanks for the specifics! :D You sound like you know your stuff. That said I used to enjoy getting take away from there when I lived nearby. I'll have to try out the recommendations of the Eastern Tandoori naysayers to see what the difference is.

Advertisement