Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deezer launched in Ireland (Spotify competitor)

Options
  • 09-12-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

http://www.deezer.com

Haven't had much of a dig about yet but the selection isn't bad. It feels a lot slicker than Eircom MusicHub anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I heard it was set up by that geezer from Wheezer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Bah humbug! (no Ebenezer)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭MrGarak

Just as good as Spotify or MOG really as far as I can tell from a week or two on it. Their mobile app for Android is very nice.

Edit: Should have mentioned you get a free month of Premium+. Same pricing as Spotify after that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

bollocks that you can't sign up without a facebook account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Just tried it there. Can't seem to actually play songs - I can search, add to playlists etc, but when I click on play nothing happens.....

Think I'll stick to Spotify + VPN.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 TheSluiceGate

Does it make an arse of your facebook? I see you can set it's Facebook posts to only be visible to yourself, but still....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Website doesn't work in Opera, Spotify's does and I have an account there though I know it shouldn't be available in Ireland :P

And it isn't the same as Spotify, Spotify has a free account with ads that gives you access to the songs.

On that you have to pay for the same access, only get artist based radio stations whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Free one only gives 30 secs. of a song - useless!

Anyone know how much cheapest option to play full song will be?

thebman wrote: »
    Website doesn't work in Opera, Spotify's does and I have an account there though I know it shouldn't be available in Ireland :P

And it isn't the same as Spotify, Spotify has a free account with ads that gives you access to the songs.

On that you have to pay for the same access, only get artist based radio stations whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Doing the trial, I like it. Selection is good, adding random songs I like from the radio (KCRW Eclectic24) and it has 80%+ of of them. Can download for offline play onto my iPhone and my SqueezeBox Touch has an app for it, can log in and play my playlists through that. Think I'll be signing up for the premium+ subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Sounds like a pile of steamin bollcoks ..free trial lure you in..before we know it we will back to paying e18 for album and enriching all those record execs who have being finding it tough last few years.I earnestly believe artists should earn the bulk of their wealth by gigging..not pressing an album and then having a team of record execs pushing it down our throats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement