If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hi fi system or seperates! Can you recommend me something?

Options
  • 09-12-2011 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello, Im looking to buy a new Hifi system to replace my broken Jvc 360watt system.

I want something loud, as loud or louder than my old system which has 2 big speakers and 3 little surround ones, I think the old unit is 260watts and then the extra 3 speakers added 100watts surround sound.

Anyway, Ive narrowed it down to the 2 units below, which do you stock and which woulkd you recommend? I'd also be interested in maybe making up a seperates system via an amp, speakers and cd changer. I want a cd changer of at least 3 cd's thoguh, 5 would be great. Ive no interest in ipods or the like so need a 3cd changer minimum. No interest in home cinemas either so just need a stereo amp. Basically, i just want to play genuine cd's really loud and clear via a seperates or a hi fi system. Mainly rock n roll music like Ac/Dc

Can you suggest something from your range? Thanks!

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/3168/2435/-/8881000/Sony-MHC-GTZ3I-Mini-System/Product.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5096292/art/philips/fwm608-12-cd-mp3-usb-mini.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bushykangaroo.

I'm afraid that Philips system you have sent the link too isnt available in Ireland:(

We dont have anything with 3x CD player either for that matter :o

However....
    All is not lost as our sister store, Richer Sounds have the Teac PDD2620 5 Disc CD seperate available.

This would be a great partner to one of the many Stereo Amplifiers that Richer have for sale

My advice to you would be have a chat with the lads in RS as they will help put a great rocking CD based stereo system together for you, plus they'll give you the latest and best pricing available on gear.

As far as soud quailty goes - CD's still RULE:D (and AC/DC sound their best when cranked!!)

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭bushykangaroo

Its strange, the Sony centre cant get me that Sony system and the Philips store cant get me that Philips system. Yet the Argos has both of them! You'd imagine it'd be the other way around. I'd prefer to go into a shop and listen to something before buying it though.

Do any of the cd seperates have a cd text display as in the name of the singer/song scrolls across the display screen like car stereo's?

Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Again Bushy

Unfortunately not everything makes it into Ireland:( and the decision is well outside of my control......

As for your question re the CD seperates you're best directing that to the lads in Richer Sounds on 0044 333 900 0071

It wouldseem the Teac PDD2620 5 disc CD player doesnt support CD Text.

Give the lads a buzz as they may have an alternate unit that will suit

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭bushykangaroo

Ok, Ill ring them and see whats available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Sheriffk

do you by any chance have the amp off the old one ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@The Sheriffk

Please take a moment to read the Charter (Here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 ) particularly the following:
    Please note that this forum is not the place for arranging used buys/sales/swaps etc. If you want to dispose of older gear that you're replacing, or if you are looking for used equipment, feel free to place a For Sale or Wanted ad on Adverts.ie, the Boards sister site for buying and selling stuff.

Thread now closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.