Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

*smacks gav in the face while he runs away*
    Because...as stated on Tal's server thread (you bitch ;) ) the server is remaining [insert number here] until bukkit is updated... so all the plugins work you noob :P Seriously...everything would fall apart :)
    When I said I could set up a server in 10 seconds I meant a vanilla server :) Which is what I'm guessing Bland was talking about as I would see no point in using the Dev built of bukkit for a temp server where people are just going to run around killing each other anyway :D
    <3

Oh also...wasn't there a previous 1.0.1 server only update? :O
    So if the client update this time was 1.0.1...what the hell was the server update??? o.OOOOO
    *head explodes*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Um... this client update wasn't 1.0.1, it was 1.1

*head explodes again*
    Right..seem to have missed that 0 in there...probably went into my string of confused eyes o.OOOOOO
    Shut up I know they're Os not 0s but yeah shut up :)

...No :p

• Advertisement

Don't make this a spam of the thread with the "shut up" "no you shut up" pong match :P
    Also...shut up

...... No

Shut up!! :D

No :p

Shut up!!! >.<

• Advertisement

You're a mod...you should know better than to trollalol-lol on a thread :P
    *finger hovers over the report post button* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Guys Seriously!

shut up :)

*reports Xenon's post* :pac:

When is the tempserver going up? I'd do it myself but my old PC is still in use and has no wired Ethernet connection atm so I doubt it would end well! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Right, vanilla server is (kind of) up. There's some issues with joining so I've taken off the whitelist so no on can join while I try and fix it.

Edit: Found the problem... Remember to update when you start up minecraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

and ... We're up and running!

screenshot20120115at181.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aaaaand... Mojang is down instead :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 minecrafter1

ty

Update your client to connect to the server. We're running on a new flat-world and everyone has creative mode.

If someone decides to tnt whatever you're working on, so be it. That's not an open invitation for people to be dicks, but expect a lot of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kpjm0501

16942tj.png

our big boom reckon it was atleast 100k blocks of tnt

• Advertisement

t
    kpjm0501 wrote: »

our big boom reckon it was atleast 100k blocks of tnt
    Not even close to 100k.

On a side note, I may have killed the server...
    (Large images so thought links would be better)

Edit: The purge begins.

Edit2: Don't worry, I fixed it!

is this temp or 4ever?

This is temporary, until 1.1 Bukkit's are released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

just a quick question, do i need to update to 1.1 for this temp server and is the last server offline until a 1.1 Bukkit is released? thanks

The server is currently on 1.1 so if you wish to join in on this temp server, you must update your client.
    Make a copy of your 1.0 jar file before you update so you can easily switch between 1.0 and 1.1

Creative + Nether + Beds + Mobs = Too Much Fun!

wow

OMG
    OMFG
    BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA :D

laura-can wrote: »
    OMG
    OMFG
    BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA :D
    There was over 3,500 chickens by the time all the eggs were thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Hey, how one go about being white list?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The first Boards.ie hardcore server:

78.137.161.116:25566

Map here:

0PlUa.jpg

Rules:
    Worldborder is on - 750 radius.
    PVP is on.
    Looting chests is on.
    Backstabbing your friends is on.
    Crushing your enemies, driving them before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women is on.

Only proper rule is no griefing. You can't break into someone's house to get at them, you have to find the door/secret entrance/whatever.

And don't forget, permbans on dying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

deconduo wrote: »
    The first Boards.ie hardcore server:

Crushing your enemies, driving them before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women is on.

And what about the lamentation of their husband(s)? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    And what about the lamentation of their husband(s)? :rolleyes:

No wimminz on teh minecraftez sure

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Blay wrote: »
    No wimminz on teh minecraftez sure

Dammit Blax! I exist!

*swings foot in the direction of Blax's 'coin purse'* :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dammit Blax! I exist!

*Kitchen door is closed and Rachel hurts her foot on it*

:pac:

Trollolol

Nice knowing you Blay, good luck naow... :pac:

• Advertisement

Both servers are still down!

Dammit Blax! I exist!

Ohhhh so that is who Blay is :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Solitaire wrote: »
    Both servers are still down!

Both up again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

I'm a bit of a newcomer to Minecraft, and at the risk of sounding like I don't know anything about it; What is mushroom spam? What are dirt/cobblestone pillars?(I know what a pillar is, but why would you ban it?) What is griefing? how is babby formed? What are floating trees?

Dirt/Cobble stone pillars just look ugly. People have habit of building a 1x1 pillar from them, then not removing it.
    Griefing is when you intentionally ruin people's creations by breaking them or burning etc. Accidental things like having a creeper blow it up is ok, but do fix it.
    Floating trees are when people only cut the bottom part of the tree as they are too lazy to finish the rest as they can't reach it without placing a block underneath. This takes up room and looks ugly

• Advertisement

I'm a bit of a newcomer to Minecraft, and at the risk of sounding like I don't know anything about it; What is mushroom spam? What are dirt/cobblestone pillars?(I know what a pillar is, but why would you ban it?) What is griefing? how is babby formed? What are floating trees?

Dirt and cobble pillars seem to be a favourite for some people who unfortunately do not have the capability of remembering where their house is. They build them high into the sky with torches located at the top to make it easy for them to find their home. They are an eye sore and the landscape and are not necessary.
    Floating trees are produced when an individual is too lazy to cut down an entire tree. Someone might go to a tree and only take the first 3 blocks of the trunk and thus leave the top of the tree floating. It is annoying when you go to look for some wood and all that lies around your house is a bunch of floating trees.
    Griefing is when you destroy something that doesn't belong to you. eg. you break the windows on another users house, you trample on someones crops and don't fix them, you burn someone's house down. ect ... You get the idea?
    As for babby and mushroom spam? You will have to let dec explain that. I'm not entirely sure.

Please be aware that if you fail to comply with the rules posted in the first post you will be dealt with in the following manner, depending on the seriousness of the rule break, Warning...Temp ban... perma ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

Thanks for your help, guys.
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    As for babby and mushroom spam? You will have to let dec explain that. I'm not entirely sure.

The "babby" thing was a joke, referencing this. It's a dated joke, I guess...

are we never getting are old server back?

are we never getting are old server back?

The old server will be available when there is a stable version of Bukkit for 1.1

Will probably be another week.

1772 seems decent enough (not doing anything crazy on my server), not sure when the 1.1 SB will be released :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Is the sticky keys bug patched or is it still unplayable for me. I kinda miss Mine n' Co

Not sure anyone else does though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lomix

Hello dear players, Is there still any slots left for new people ? If so I'd love to join your server. Thank you. Also I'd like to include that I play Minecraft since Alpha and had'nt been banned / kicked at all since then, so there will be no trouble from me xD

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement