Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Dunno about roleplaying, wandering around doing your own thing is more interesting I think,

And I hope there will be planners and such, so we can get a nice, well layed out functional town :D

nim

Yeah some of the planned towns on r/Minecraft are excellent, it would be great to have 1 main planned town, were everyone pitches in and helps build and then we can build our own satellite towns/villages/buildings a bit out from it.

I find minecraft gets stale for me if i'm doing stuff on my own

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

So what's the plan for the server? Stay on 1.2 with this temp map until the mods are ready and then put the old map back?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Ponster wrote: »
    So what's the plan for the server? Stay on 1.2 with this temp map until the mods are ready and then put the old map back?

*new map :D (I hope!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

A lot of people want a new map so we'll probably go with that. I'm also learning how to make bukkit plugins, so we might be able to have a few fun things. We're also open to suggestions on plugins, or any other ideas.

deconduo wrote: »
    A lot of people want a new map so we'll probably go with that. I'm also learning how to make bukkit plugins, so we might be able to have a few fun things. We're also open to suggestions on plugins, or any other ideas.

Thanks !

The only thing about the new map is the hours and hours that some (ok, me!) have put in to getting resources. Is starting again with nothing just to have a higher ceiling and jungle areas really worth it?

IMHO it hasn't been long enough since the last map reset (i.e. I'm in the middle of a lot of projects) :)

Ponster wrote: »
    Thanks !

The only thing about the new map is the hours and hours that some (ok, me!) have put in to getting resources. Is starting again with nothing just to have a higher ceiling and jungle areas really worth it?

yeah, cause most people are bored cause they've finished their houses and have nothing really to do...

nimrod86 wrote: »
    yeah, cause most people are bored cause they've finished their houses and have nothing really to do...

I see. I've never really understood the house building as such. Once I have a place to safely work away at night I'm happy. I'd much rather spend my time building piston/redstone/rail projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

How about the Technicpack. It currently has a multiplayer version in beta:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Technic has some nice stuffs but I prefer mods that are a bit more faithful to Minecraft - more steampunk, less nuclear reactor :p

The weirdest thing is the lack of furniture - FancyPack is very, very old now (and hasn't really been properly compatible since 1.7.3 at the latest) and I can't think of any other mods that add simple add-on content such as tables, chairs, walls, chimneys and the like. Mods that add more and different mobs would be nice too, if they were balanced and stable.

But the biggest limitation is that without a proper client syncing framework anything that adds additional content to the game, rather than the actual server mechanics, requires new class files to be manually added to the .jar. Its too much of a headache for most users to manually rebuild their modded .jars for every modded server so until Bukkit add some kind of server-based dynamic client modding as part of the impending netcode rebuild (which probably won't turn up until 1.4 or 1.5) added game content isn't very feasible :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I think he broke it.

I think he broke it.

yeah! dec, is your watch a bit slow?

And he stops it again...

+1 on the war idea cnc!

1 life, main town, 64 arrows, iron armour, go!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

So whats the chances of being whitelisted.. names Sasquatchus...
    also whats the teamspeak details?

So whats the chances of being whitelisted.. names Sasquatchus...
    also whats the teamspeak details?

No whitelist for the server at the moment, just join.

Cool.. are the details the same as the first post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Cool.. are the details the same as the first post?

Second this question. This seems very cool but 45 pages is too long to read so I was wondering is it alright to just go right into this server or is there anything new people would need to know first?

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Second this question. This seems very cool but 45 pages is too long to read so I was wondering is it alright to just go right into this server or is there anything new people would need to know first?

If you just read the first post it has all the relevant rules! Follow them and you'll be grand! :D

nim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

This is a discussion forum and as such, 90% of the info on these 45 pages does not need to be read. Just look at the initial post and follow the rules closely. There will be a new map in the near future and you might have to come on here and ask to be whitelisted.

gavmcg92 wrote: »

This is a discussion forum and as such, 90% of the info on these 45 pages does not need to be read. Just look at the initial post and follow the rules closely. There will be a new map in the near future and you might have to come on here and ask to be whitelisted.

Damn you Gav!!! That reply made my phone blare out ACDC in religion class!!! During a sad, quiet scene in a video about suicide!!!

WORST TIMING EVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

Whitelist request please.

That_1_kid

• Advertisement

Server is currently down for testing. With any luck it will be a brand new 1.2 map when it comes back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Server is currently down for testing. With any luck it will be a brand new 1.2 map when it comes back up.
    Will this map have iconomy?? I :D

Dazza wrote: »
    Will this map have iconomy?? I :D

Ba mhaith liom iConomy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If we're gonna use iConomy can we have it in a single shopping centre type building? Last time it was just buildings everywhere:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

can i be white listed again when the server is back up please

Name = Rossi_IRL

Blay wrote: »
    If we're gonna use iConomy can we have it in a single shopping centre type building? Last time it was just buildings everywhere:P

We had a cool shopping centre but I was away for a week and when I came back it was gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

Could I be white-listed again my name on Minecraft is the same on Boards Star_Cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭mgwhelan

whitelist me please mgwhelan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Whitelist again, Farcheal.

Any idea when the admin only will end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Can I get whitelisted too please? Cheers!

Username: wobblesgrogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Farcheal wrote: »
    Whitelist again, Farcheal.

Any idea when the admin only will end?

Still ironing out some problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Could you pretty please whitelist me again Gav :)

Bananasaurus_Rex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Whitelist is being reset!
    To join you will need to ask here to be whitelisted, simple as that.

Sorry to those above this post who have been asking, but this is the continuation point.

Only those who ask after this post will be added to the whitelist!
    If you have already asked, then simply ask again.

And.... BEGIN!

whitelist nimrod86 please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

blaxmd :)

Whitelist Sasquatchus please. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

darragh1001 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andz011

Can I be Whitelisted again? :P andz011

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Whitelist is being reset!
    To join you will need to ask here to be whitelisted, simple as that.

Sorry to those above this post who have been asking, but this is the continuation point.

Only those who ask after this post will be added to the whitelist!
    If you have already asked, then simply ask again.

And.... BEGIN!

My name is so tedious to type :D

Bananasaurus_Rex

• Advertisement

bouncybul wrote: »
    My name is so tedious to type :D

Bananasaurus_Rex

HOW DO YOU THINK I FELT WHEN WE TYPED PRIVATE MASSAGES!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

iAirBiscuit

:pac:

Whitelist please!
    cnc95fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭mgwhelan

whitelist me please mgwhelan
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

jujumushu :P
    and could you whitelist deanh544 too? same name on here he just can't remember his boards login because he's a spaz :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Me too

user = wobblesgrogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Buttany
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

has a new map been set?
    name is joewallace007

How could there be 6 people on the server if it's mods only? :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

How could there be 6 people on the server if it's mods only? :S
    Myself, dec, gav, xenon, sol, and guinea pig!

Everyone will be able to join once we finish ironing out the problems. Don't know how long this'll take, so be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Farcheal

also, could you add JamesMcCartan and oOJohnyfOo again please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement