Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

Can I be white listed please my user name is:
    celticwarrior97

Thanks,
    Tiptopgolfy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Can I be white listed please my user name is:
    celticwarrior97

Thanks,
    Tiptopgolfy

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

how about a quick server restart redstone seems to be acting up ,unless their been some player in the circuits :mad: .also hows the over view of the map coming along ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

how about a quick server restart redstone seems to be acting up ,unless their been some player in the circuits :mad: .also hows the over view of the map coming along ?

Whats this now?

Sure. Also here's a quick top down map, will do the full one before tomorrow.

http://78.137.161.116/boards12.png

deconduo wrote: »

Jesus we barely made a dent on the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Kenno90 wrote: »

boardsn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Yes well you can always purchase armaments flowers from the black market flower shop and make a .. dent*

*Mine N' Co accepts no responsibility for damages caused by goods sold. Terms and Conditions apply. Batteries not included. Offers while stocks last. Subject to availability. 2100% APR.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shamrock883

Uh oh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Yes well you can always purchase armaments flowers from the black market flower shop and make a .. dent*

[SIZE="1"]
    *Mine N' Co accepts no responsibility for damages caused by goods sold. Terms and Conditions apply. Batteries not included. Offers while stocks last. Subject to availability. 2100% APR.[/SIZE]

Sounds little too much like quick quid. If intended you need an advert with scody praising the system whilst nursing a broken arm.

Also can we use these weapons against mine n co ? Seems appropriate for after they cripple us with interest rates. :P

Updated map!

http://78.137.161.116/

Now includes day and night map, Nether (looks like ****) and The End

Updated map!

http://78.137.161.116/

Now includes day and night map, Nether (looks like ****) and The End

Thats brilliant , really like the look of my tree house, though i just realised i never finished the roof :pac: . How long does it take to generate one of these maps,

Thats brilliant , really like the look of my tree house, though i just realised i never finished the roof :pac: . How long does it take to generate one of these maps,

Took about 3 hours to generate and 15 hours to upload it to the server. Its 6GB so yeah :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Why are there huge chunks missing? Are they corrupted?

Morbert wrote: »
    Why are there huge chunks missing? Are they corrupted?

Just areas that haven't been explored yet

• Advertisement

Is that glass sheet actually there by Bland's tree house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Username is TheEggyBaby whitelist would be appreciated :) Thanks!

Ohh dec is a Mod... never knew. Congrats man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Is that glass sheet actually there by Bland's tree house?
    That's directly above the spawn. Ask electro.

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Username is TheEggyBaby whitelist would be appreciated :)

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I've fallen so far behind on this map, is it worth my while starting now or will it be reset soon?

Blay wrote: »
    I've fallen so far behind on this map, is it worth my while starting now or will it be reset soon?

No man , this question comes up all the time. A reset only happens to add major content to the map , the reason it was done last time was to add the jungle biome, AFAIK there is nothing major going into the map generation in 1.3.

There is a few desert temples and jungle ruins but that is it, not enough for a reset.

No man , this question comes up all the time. A reset only happens to add major content to the map , the reason it was done last time was to add the jungle biome, AFAIK there is nothing major going into the map generation in 1.3.

There is a few desert temples and jungle ruins but that is it, not enough for a reset.

Actually there are a few other big changes

-The combination of single player and multiplayer to one game mode
    -Integrated modding API

While this seems like behind the scene stuff it is important as it means all mods will have to be remade. It also means no more bukkit. Assuming these are included properly in the next update then we will have a map reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

i always enjoy a new world :)

Actually there are a few other big changes

-The combination of single player and multiplayer to one game mode
    -Integrated modding API

While this seems like behind the scene stuff it is important as it means all mods will have to be remade. It also means no more bukkit. Assuming these are included properly in the next update then we will have a map reset.

Oh wow really :eek: So basically the world is coming to an end !!

Well the last estimate for the release date of 1.3 I saw was like 6months+ away :pac:

Well the last estimate for the release date of 1.3 I saw was like 6months+ away :pac:

Well jeb thinks its a few weeks away, If he thinks it might be ready within 2 weeks i doubt it'll take 6 months :pac:

1.3 is going to be a good one. The new lads in Mojang are putting in a sterling job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

They are adding extra stuff like trading with villagers and cocoa plants too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Have we found a village at all ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

That's directly above the spawn. Ask electro.

It woud be a great country if you could only roof it :)

Was that your doing :pac: ? was wondering why that was there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BX 19 wrote: »
    Have we found a village at all ?

Didn't think they existed in multiplayer?

There is a lot in 1.3 update for us really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

what's this place? How come it's outside the map? Not that I'd wanna go there, looks like a dump :pac:

CEZRn.jpg

Someone got there somehow, and it rendered before the world border kicked in I suppose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ponster wrote: »
    Didn't think they existed in multiplayer?

There is a lot in 1.3 update for us really...

They definitely do exist alright, though there's options not to render villages.

They definitely do exist alright, though there's options not to render villages.

There's loads on the map, just none near the spawn for some reason.

Also, when people say they want to reset the map, does that mean get rid of everything that's been created goes and a brand new map starts? If so, that's ridiculous. The map isn't even remotely close to been explored. everything under the town is done I imagine yes but branching out there's still plenty to do. Can you move the spawn point maybe to get a town started somewhere else?

Also, Ireland...shame. Reality check kicks in for a lot of people but our fans are unreal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

looks like agood server ill try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Whitelist redstick please

what's this place? How come it's outside the map? Not that I'd wanna go there, looks like a dump :pac:

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/CEZRn.jpg[/IMG]

I have a great idea, build a prison there and put people there who misbehave :pac:

Also, when people say they want to reset the map, does that mean get rid of everything that's been created goes and a brand new map starts? If so, that's ridiculous. The map isn't even remotely close to been explored. everything under the town is done I imagine yes but branching out there's still plenty to do. Can you move the spawn point maybe to get a town started somewhere else?

Also, Ireland...shame. Reality check kicks in for a lot of people but our fans are unreal :)

Yes resetting the map is start a whole new world with nothing but the skin on your back.

The thing about resetting the map is it keeps things fresh, alot of people are getting bored at this stage, though all this talk is preventing people from starting big projects...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I have a great idea, build a prison there and put people there who misbehave :pac:

Yes resetting the map is start a whole new world with nothing but the skin on your back.

The thing about resetting the map is it keeps things fresh, alot of people are getting bored at this stage,

Then they should go and play on server that refreshes more often ?

I for one would be unlikely to continue to play if there's a another reset so soon. The logic seems to be to fill spawn with building and then sit back any wait for the next update. What's stopping those people who want to build new things on the existing server? What is it that 1.3 would give them that they can't continue without on the current map?

alot of people are getting bored at this stage

A lot of people are getting bored?!? are you serious? The amount of the map that is still around, waiting to be excavated. The amount of projects that could be completed. People are getting bored?!? That's like getting this for Christmas...

10143+Death+Star+II+Box+%2528WM%2529.jpg

building this...

2_duplo_lego_bricks.jpg

then complaining you're bored?!?

If you could reset the spawn into a spot that is untouched, I'd be more than happy setting up there, just build an epic railway to the town at present and happy days!

O_O REALLY BIG PICTURE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

The thing about resetting the map is it keeps things fresh, alot of people are getting bored at this stage, though all this talk is preventing people from starting big projects...

I made a prison! only used 2 times properly tho.

Also the map thing is true although some people can find it very frustrating to have their work removed. I for one don't see it as that bad At present moment, could change in future if i make anything nice :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Can you add

say_what_again

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Someone got there somehow, and it rendered before the world border kicked in I suppose.
    One of us must have added an extra 0 when we were tp'ing around the place.

Also, about the map being reset...
    Minecraft is easy, especially so when there's a bunch of people to help you out online. After a while, no matter how skilled or not you are at the game, you acquire enough materials and are so self sufficient that it just becomes more like creative and all of the 'survival' is taken out of it. People stop coming on because they've already accomplished everything they set out to and so the map kind of falls into a state of disarray.
    It's usually at this point we do a map reset. Everyone starts off with nothing again and they have to work to survive.

The map is always available for download after a reset and we do discuss things about the map for a while after it is taken down, so don't worry, all your creations are immortalised and talked about. Plus, with the amount of content that 1.3 is adding and the fact that it's changing how the game is actually run it seems like a good time to do a reset. Keep in mind this won't be immediately when 1.3 comes out. We tend to wait a few weeks to make sure any major bugs are fixed, and most importantly the plugins we need are updated (or in this case maybe completely rewritten).

So in short, there isn't a reset in the works for at least another month or so.

It seems that alot of the new people are complaining about the reset , while people on the server for a long time are willing ?:confused:?

Better start using my diamonds then so :pac:

A lot of people are getting bored?!? are you serious? The amount of the map that is still around, waiting to be excavated. The amount of projects that could be completed. People are getting bored?!? That's like getting this for Christmas...

BIG FECK OFF PIC

building this...

LEGO

then complaining you're bored?!?

If you could reset the spawn into a spot that is untouched, I'd be more than happy setting up there, just build an epic railway to the town at present and happy days!

No TBH you've got it all wrong, suppose you get the lego death star (Awesome BTW) for christmas , you build it and your so proud of it.

Then What? :confused: Are you just going to sit there and stare at the thing for years on end or are you going to break it apart and try build something completely different.

There are so many people on this server where the map isn't a challenge anymore, i remember being fecking terrified of skeletons and spiders for ages because i had almost no food, no Armour and a stone sword.

Now we're all running around in diamond Armour with enchanted swords with stacks of food.

It seems that alot of the new people are complaining about the reset , while people on the server for a long time are willing ?:
    Well, that I imagine is exactly it. Some people, myself included, are really only getting started. I have my house and enough materials sorted but only starting to explore my mine. some people are still in their 3*3 huts!

My solution is instead of all the seasoned users to call for a map reset, set up camp in a remote area of the map that's unexplored. Set up a rail system to connect the old town so you can pop in to say hello :). I know a lot of people are set up pretty handily at the moment with a crazy amount of diamonds, etc. but if you want a real survival experience, just move to a new town and throw your materials in lava. Don't reset the whole town cause there are people just starting and could really contribute to the map in their own way.

If you bought a house with an acre of land in the back, you wouldn't make a 2m squared rookery, admire it, then move house would you?

ps don't throw your diamonds in lava, buzz up to my gaf...I suck yo dick!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement