If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic VIERA TXL42E30

Options
  • 09-12-2011 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

hello

i found this model on your UK website:
    Panasonic VIERA TXL42E30B
    I quite like the tv, would you deliver this to dublin,whats the cost then?
    also is there any difference between models in ROI re saorview??
    thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ba3 wrote: »
    hello

i found this model on your UK website:
    Panasonic VIERA TXL42E30B
    I quite like the tv, would you deliver this to dublin,whats the cost then?
    also is there any difference between models in ROI re saorview??
    thanks

Ba3,

Thanks for the post - the TXL42E30 is an instore only model that we take in to order as stock is tight - at the moment we this model isn't available for delivery at all.

On the Saorview issue - unfortunately it's not Saorview certified as it's a UK spec TV.

Have a look around and see if there are any other TV's that grab your fancy or if you like mail or PM me your name & contact details and we'll happily try to order up a 42E30 for you no problem,

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ba3

thanks for the answer
    i'm kind of decided on this particular model i think ,if i was to order one and pick it up myself how long is the wait at the moment?
    just on the ROI/UK difference, this tv has say bbc player built in or HD freeview , can i use such functions in ROI or they will only work with UK IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

It should work fine.

the B models are what all the electrical retailers are selling in the South.

There used to be L models which were for Ireland but they seem to have disappeared.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@ ei9go, You answer is only partially correct, which is why we ask Boardies to please leave queries on this forum to Richersounds to answer as per the Charter.

@ ba3, BBC iPlayer requires a UK based IP address or a proxy address work-around, see elsewhere on the tech forums or Google for furtehr details. UK sourced Panasonic TVs wil not be Saorview certified (see here for Saorview certified products http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/saorview-approved-product-listings/ ) but should be able to recieve saorview digital tV broadcasts here using their Freeview tuner. If you live in a region which can recieve Freeview transmission from Northern Ireland then that should also work fine.

Ooops, I broke the Charter myself.....................:)

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ba3

thanks all for your answers
    price difference is about 200e mark thus i'm looking for alternatives up north
    i think its the b model that is available both sides of the border, at least per websites specs
    thanks for tips on IP will look into this further

• Advertisement

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

@ ei9go, You answer is only partially correct, which is why we ask Boardies to please leave queries on this forum to Richersounds to answer as per the Charter.

@ ba3, BBC iPlayer requires a UK based IP address or a proxy address work-around, see elsewhere on the tech forums or Google for furtehr details. UK sourced Panasonic TVs wil not be Saorview certified (see here for Saorview certified products http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/saorview-approved-product-listings/ ) but should be able to recieve saorview digital tV broadcasts here using their Freeview tuner. If you live in a region which can recieve Freeview transmission from Northern Ireland then that should also work fine.

Ooops, I broke the Charter myself.....................:)

Thanks,

Ritz.

Can we vote on a ban?

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:
    Can we vote on a ban?

Ha ! trouble maker !!!! :eek:

(always wanted to post a Mod Comment like that, everything comes to he who waits.......)

Ritz :D

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

Ha ! trouble maker !!!! :eek:

(always wanted to post a Mod Comment like that, everything comes to he who waits.......)

Ritz :D

Ok that's it - I'm tired of Tyrannical mods -we should have an election to overthrow them -I'll establish the vote, using tried and trusted Russian methodology.....(I'm actually not going to win this one am I?? :eek:)

J

(I'm actually not going to win this one am I?? :eek: )

Nope. afraid not..... You'll notice that I resisted the temptation to edit your post for you....... :D

BTW, Loving the Q Acoustics deal you've posted, Santa's definitely going to vist some happy Boardies !!

Cheers,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.