Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explanation required for thread closure

• 09-12-2011 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Hi there

The other day I read yet another thread in PI by someone trying to get to grips with the fact he is gay. These threads of people's struggles, anxiety and sometimes suicidal thoughts will be well documented and not unfamiliar to regular posters on PI.

So yesterday I started a thread in the Christianity forum about homosexuality and Christianity. I started the thread because I was struggling with the notion that someone should feel outcast, judged etc because they have a predisposition to wanting physical relations with the same sex.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056477223

The thread was going well, plenty of comments and then suddently it was locked.

I have no idea by who or why so am not sure how to go about dispute resolution.

In my opinion, closing a thread should be something that is explained. Not just simply locked.

For what it is worth, I have received PMs from several posters on that thread wanting to discuss my thread in more detail via PM as the thread was closed.

I am a long-time poster on boards. I am not a piss-taker by any means, and I would appreciate an explanation.

Locking a thread without explanation or, at the very least a PM to the OP, is spiteful and juvenile.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ask the mod who closed it. This is not an issue for DRP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement