Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora bracelet

Options
  • 09-12-2011 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi ladies, hope you can help me on this.
    Do you think a pandora bracelet would be ok to buy as a christmas pressie for someone you're "friends" with but are not having a relationship with?
    Are they still a nice item or have the become passe and tacky?
    If you think it'd make a nice pressie, could you also suggest a first charm to put on it?
    Any other suggestions for an xmas pressie for same situation would be gratefully received too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Moved from tLL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 oldfool1968

Hi Rainbow, I was kind of looking for the ladies opinions on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi Rainbow, I was kind of looking for the ladies opinions on this?

There's ladies in the Gifts Forum too, they're not confined to the Ladies' Lounge ;)

There's ladies in the Gifts Forum too, they're not confined to the Ladies' Lounge ;)

Ok Cath, you're right, probably more fems here than men anyway, what do you think of the Pandora bracelet? has it gone a little "common" or is it still a nice thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I think the Pandora bracelets are lovely,I'd love one myself :)
    However it seems quite a serious gift to give just a friend? Would she normally get you quite a big pressie too?
    Charms-wise, something that's related to her is nice,for example her initial or her birthstone :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I think they are too common, most girls I know have them.
    And I personally don't think there is anything nice or special about them.

It does seem like a generous gift for a friend, but only you know if it is too generous for this particular friend. Sounds as if it might be, especially if you are unsure about it.

Thanks for the replies girls, actually, I've seen a beautiful John Rocha necklace instead,http://www.davidcullenjewellers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/j/r/jr08606.jpg
    http://www.myjewellery.ie/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/_/j/_jr08603.jpg

Don't know which one!
    would I be crossing a line for just a friend?

Thanks for the replies girls, actually, I've seen a beautiful John Rocha necklace instead,http://www.davidcullenjewellers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/j/r/jr08606.jpg
    http://www.myjewellery.ie/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/_/j/_jr08603.jpg

Don't know which one!
    would I be crossing a line for just a friend?

They are both lovely. The first one is less "busy", so I like that best. Although it is very dressy, especially seen as it is for a female that you are conscious of crossing a line with.

Jewellry is often given by partners, so if you're concerned about how it would look, would you not go for something else?
    Will she be getting you a pressie or has she done before? That way you could gauge what to get/ spend on her.

I think I can be pretty certain I wont be getting any pressie! This is putting my "heart on my sleeve" so to speak. It could cost our friendship as I'm not sure how she'll take this development.

I know this isn't PI, but I wouldn't recommend you do this with a present then.
    If she isn't getting you a present, then she may be embarrassed in recieving one, AND one so lovely and expensive as a piece of jewelry.
    I'm sure you won't need to "buy" her response with jewelry.
    Hope it works out for you.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I agree with ElleEm, while it's such a lovely thought to buy her something I'd say it would just cause embarrassment. If you want to get a message across to her then I'd just tell her. If it doesn't work out then it's very unlikely she'd keep it or wear it. If things go your way (and I hope they do) then you could always buy it for her when you know her feelings. I love the first necklace, it's a lovely statement piece.

Best of luck with it anyway :)

Well I didn't proceed with anything in the end, better to stay friends and leave it at that! Thanks anyway for all the replies.

Advertisement