Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glazing wanted for internal doors

• 09-12-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi- I want toughened glass cut to fit internal doors - i.e. fairly standard doors each needing two panes of glass each, 3 doors see through glass and 2 with frosted. Nothing fancy but I am getting quoted circa 250 for the glazing and another 200 to fit. This sounds a bit pricy- its more than I paid for the oak veneered doors, but wonder if this sounds right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Casati wrote: »
    Hi- I want toughened glass cut to fit internal doors - i.e. fairly standard doors each needing two panes of glass each, 3 doors see through glass and 2 with frosted. Nothing fancy but I am getting quoted circa 250 for the glazing and another 200 to fit. This sounds a bit pricy- its more than I paid for the oak veneered doors, but wonder if this sounds right?

were are u based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

ten pieces of glass all toughened.

AFAIK the toughening is per piece as its done after the cutting and only a few places do it.

I get quoted 10 to 15 yoyos per toughening so say 12.5 so 125 on the toughening leaves 125 for 10 pieces of glass so I'd say not bad.

re fitting, are the slips already cut and tacked in place, if so 200 yoyos is way too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Casati

I'm in Dublin 11. I thought 200 to fit was a bit rich, especially when I am only 500 yards up the road from the shop, I'd imagine that it would take him an hour or two. Should I go to one of the places who do the toughening directly I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi im a d11 based glazier drop me a pm and i will gladly give you a quoit im sure i can do you a good price on the job cheers

Advertisement