Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

:D

for a standard guideline, I always advise people to aim for the following stats

50k hp
    500 all res
    5000 armor
    150k dps Not including passives or active skills
    5% life steal
    24% move speed

Then you should be more than ready to play higher MP levels.

For now, best way to farm xp is to go to act 1, festering woods
    get 5 stacks of nephalam
    clear fields of misery (If the decaying crypt is here, go there too. it's the best xp area in the game)
    clear weeping hollow

remake.

btw, my barb might be sick, but i only run with 2.8% life steal and 480 all res :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

my barb can do mp5/6 no problem, maybe higher but probably too slow to be worth doing.

Completely unbuffed / No DPS skills etc

HP 43k
    Resist 450
    Armor 6080
    DPS 130k
    lifesteal 5.9%
    Movement speed 24%
    Paragon 38

Probably a better idea of what you'd need for MP4-6 as a barb.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like I can drop quite a lot of magic resistance. My WD is 105k DPS, but if I can swap a lot of that Magic resistance, then I can push my DPS quite a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I find the WD very boring. Only around lvl 13 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just tried out bats and they surely are good, but very situational. Zombie bears do pretty much same thing, but with way higher range and better mana efficacy.

So whats the best way to farm on act 1? So far my ghetto WD can easily handle MP4 act1. Did not tried higher yet. And what Resistances should I am at? at the moment I am at 700-800. Just realistic m8, please, I know your Barb worth billions, your 2000+++ resistance wount help me much lol :).

There is zombie bears?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Random Question, playing on XBOX.

On Act 4 but I can no longer train up my Blacksmith or the Jewel guy. Any idea where I can get the "Paper" items they require for training?

Salvaging doesnt seem to give me any just the other normal salvage items.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Random Question, playing on XBOX.

On Act 4 but I can no longer train up my Blacksmith or the Jewel guy. Any idea where I can get the "Paper" items they require for training?

Salvaging doesnt seem to give me any just the other normal salvage items.

Cheers

Next difficulty. The blacksmith and jeweler are gated.

@ Gummy Panda Ahh OK. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Not sure if this is new or not but there is a demo up on the 360 now if anyone is on the fence about it, not sure about on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is new or not but there is a demo up on the 360 now if anyone is on the fence about it, not sure about on ps3

It is out for the PS3 as well, might give it a whirl later, got bored of it on PC, interested to see how it is on the PS3.

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen this cheap ish anywhere. Was going to do the xtra vision trade in deal but that's expired. Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Has anyone seen this cheap ish anywhere. Was going to do the xtra vision trade in deal but that's expired. Gutted
    Sure it's expired? I went in on Friday and they were doing it, still up on the website too

TheGunns wrote: »
    Sure it's expired? I went in on Friday and they were doing it, still up on the website too

it wasnt on website when i checked earlier so i emailed them and they said it expired yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

it wasnt on website when i checked earlier so i emailed them and they said it expired yesterday

Had it bookmarked so assumed they were still doing it, Amazon is probably your best bet right now. Gamestop might also be doing a trade in offer on it as well, not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

TheGunns wrote: »
    Had it bookmarked so assumed they were still doing it, Amazon is probably your best bet right now. Gamestop might also be doing a trade in offer on it as well, not sure though

They are it's 9.99 there and the list of games isn't as good as xtra visions.

You can get it here for about 45 Euro, will take about 7 days to reach you though, used this site quite a lot and never had a issue.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=20797

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Xenji wrote: »
    You can get it here for about 45 Euro, will take about 7 days to reach you though, used this site quite a lot and never had a issue.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=20797

Still GBP 35 for Ps3 and Xbox 360 on Amazon UK

Still GBP 35 for Ps3 and Xbox 360 on Amazon UK

works out at €42 so probably not going to beat that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

have to say loving the demo, never played a diablo game before but i think they done the console version of it very well.
    will buy it at some point but will wait for a price drop, dont think its worth the 55e+ price tag but theirs fun to be had in it

Never played Diablo game before either and loving it now to be honest. Finished it two nights ago and then just started back straight away again...Well worth the € for me so far. I've been pleasantly surprised by it a number of times now and haven't found anything I dislike in it yet. The graphics in the cut scences are amazing its like watching a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Ah if yee only knew.....

Glad the masses are finally getting a taste of Diablo at least.

can i play this with friends from just my own xbox live account or do they have to have live too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Never played Diablo game before either and loving it now to be honest. Finished it two nights ago and then just started back straight away again...Well worth the € for me so far. I've been pleasantly surprised by it a number of times now and haven't found anything I dislike in it yet. The graphics in the cut scences are amazing its like watching a movie.

Blizzard Entertainment have a number of the best CGI artists in the gaming industry - so you shouldn't be surprised ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bought this for the Mac and only played Act 1.

Bought it for the PS3 to play with the missus and it's getting far more use now. Great game. Our mate bought it too, so I love that we can do Split Screen and online at the same time for 3 player. I also love that it uses dual sign in on PS3, so it splits the save files.

Why can't all games work like this?

can i play this with friends from just my own xbox live account or do they have to have live too?

They need live as well to play online, you could do a local co-op if you wanted with them.

If it's local play, you can have 4 players on shared screen with just the one game. If you're playing online, such is always the case, you all need Xbox Live Gold.

You can, however, play online with one person with Gold, and having a friend playing locally with you as a guest. ( i.e. - Player #1 - "DeSelby83", Player #2 - "DeSelby83(1)" ). Doubt progress would be saved on the guest character though.

Played the demo last night and it was great fun, the spark that was missing from when I played the PC version was there, will probably pick it up after I am done with GTA V, pity you cannot trade in your PC version against it.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Our mate bought it too, so I love that we can do Split Screen and online at the same time for 3 player.

Nit picking, but shared screen =/= split screen [e.g. - numerous FPS games] ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Nit picking, but shared screen =/= split screen [e.g. - numerous FPS games] ;)

Yeah, shared screen, my bad. Let's just call it local co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Xenji wrote: »
    Played the demo last night and it was great fun, the spark that was missing from when I played the PC version was there, will probably pick it up after I am done with GTA V, pity you cannot trade in your PC version against it.

What spark would that be?

The only difference is lack of auction house,controls,Loot 2.0 and lower res graphics.
    Im genuinely curious,i havent bought a console game in years for myself but im tempted as i like the sound of Loot 2.0 and the lack of auction house.

Advertisement