Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dcully wrote: »
    What spark would that be?

The only difference is lack of auction house,controls,Loot 2.0 and lower res graphics.
    Im genuinely curious,i havent bought a console game in years for myself but im tempted as i like the sound of Loot 2.0 and the lack of auction house.

It is not quite Loot 2.0 on the consoles, they have just tweaked what they had already implemented, more like Loot 1.5, but you do notice the improvement and a better drop rate. You do not always have to be on-line, local co-op looks like it will be a blast, and the removal of the Auction House is a major plus, I felt it really messed with the dynamic of the game and simplified it to a extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

One little addition to local co-op which I like, is if the one player stops walking for a few seconds, he will automatically start to follow the moving player. It doesn't sound like much, but it comes in handy when someone is pouring a drink, opening a bag of Malteasers etc :D

Having to wait while your co-player goes through their own loot can be a pain, and probably a pain for them when you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How does loot work in local co op. does it drop for all players and then you sort it out amongst yourselves or is it somehow separate for each player?
    Really enjoying the demo and can see myself getting this, would have probably done already only for GTA next week

In local co-op, it needs to be divided by yourselves after it's picked up, yeah. It can get... awkward. A few rules needed to be drafted up :pac: . When someone joined online, they had different loot.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How does loot work in local co op. does it drop for all players and then you sort it out amongst yourselves or is it somehow separate for each player?
    Really enjoying the demo and can see myself getting this, would have probably done already only for GTA next week

You share the same loot screen, so anyone can pick it up and you can pick and choose then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

God, I really want this on console now. To make it worse I want a real friend made out of flesh to sit next to me and play it with me. Unfortunately I dont own console version of a game, dont own second controller for ps3 and my friends made of the flesh dont care about gaming ( well, few do, but some of them know only WoW as a game and others know Only xbox call of duty/BF3 multiplayer ). My life sucks. :(

Getting the GF to go halves on the game with me after work, will tide us over till we both get GTA V, she was playing the demo today and loved it, she had never played Diablo before.

Xenji wrote: »
    Getting the GF to go halves on the game with me after work, will tide us over till we both get GTA V, she was playing the demo today and loved it, she had never played Diablo before.

After playing it for a good few hours, mine bought her own copy so we can play local and online, depending on where we are. I love how easy it is to upload and download the save files on PsPlus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

God, I really want this on console now. To make it worse I want a real friend made out of flesh to sit next to me and play it with me. Unfortunately I dont own console version of a game, dont own second controller for ps3 and my friends made of the flesh dont care about gaming ( well, few do, but some of them know only WoW as a game and others know Only xbox call of duty/BF3 multiplayer ). My life sucks. :(
    O_o Do you not have PC with multiplayer imaginary friends?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    O_o Do you not have PC with multiplayer imaginary friends?

:confused:

• Advertisement

Ok.

Do you not have any online acquaintances that play the PC version of Diablo III that incorporates online multiplayer capabilities with up to 8 patrons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

How do the controls work on console??

I'm assuming its not point an click?

also it cant possibly be multi player on the same screen? two separate systems/screens needed i predict?

Anyone know if this is on the list in Gamestop for .99 cent if you trade in two games?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Ok.

Do you not have any online acquaintances that play the PC version of Diablo III that incorporates online multiplayer capabilities with up to 8 patrons?

It is fun to play online with friends, but it is also fun to play in same room with friends. Diablo would be one of those games, which is a lot of fun to play locally. I played **** loads of diablo 1 on PS1 with my friends. To be honest, I dont find playing Diablo 3 online with friends that much enjoyable, I find it a lot more fun to play solo on PC. ( running after RoyalMarine and picking up **** that droped from monsters that you did not even see is not fun :pac: )

I did had a friend last week to play some ps3. We started off with Twisted metal, 2 bottles of vodka, 2 Apache Pizzas. Last thing I remember - some 2 huge Monster truck bosses. :pac: Local multiplayer is the most awesome thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is on the list in Gamestop for .99 cent if you trade in two games?

9.99 afaik

calex71 wrote: »
    9.99 afaik

Does anyone have a link to the 9.99 list, can only see the .99 cent one on their website at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

running after RoyalMarine and picking up **** that droped from monsters that you did not even see

Heh, i seem to remember running after Royalmarine alot but picking him up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hey now... :p

but I agree, I prefer solo play on PC. Not sure why. I guess I just like to play at my own pace, without having to worry about others.

hey now... :p

but I agree, I prefer solo play on PC. Not sure why. I guess I just like to play at my own pace, without having to worry about others.

I joined a random co-op game tonight on xbox for the 1st time ............ never again, coming from borderlands 2 i found it jarring that others in ur game could be in town while ur off elsewhere, in BL2 they got teliported with you when you came to an area exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

If anyone here is loving the game, and plans to play it for a fair while yet - ADD ME!

Live GamerTag: beerwolf84

Currently got a Monk in it's 30s, and a Witch Doctor in the teens.

Speaking of the Witch Doctor - I have YET to see anyone play it online, on the 360. Does seem kinda underwhelming currently in it's teens, my monk was doing hell of a lot more at that point! :p
    calex71 wrote: »
    I joined a random co-op game tonight on xbox for the 1st time ............ never again, coming from borderlands 2 i found it jarring that others in ur game could be in town while ur off elsewhere, in BL2 they got teliported with you when you came to an area exit.

Pretty sure you can kick those that are AFK when you hit Start, and highlight their names on the right side if you're the host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is farming the butcher still the best place to farm? In the pc version I played you got a bonus % for magic find when you killed a 'yellow' monster and you could stack 5 of these (I think). Does this happen in console version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is farming the butcher still the best place to farm? In the pc version I played you got a bonus % for magic find when you killed a 'yellow' monster and you could stack 5 of these (I think). Does this happen in console version?

You can cheat on the consoel to permanently keep the stack up, due to memory limitation... if you go to 5 places, the 1st area gets reset, and so forth - effectively having an unlimited dungeon(s) with stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Looking to pick up this for PS3 solely for local co-op. Resi 5 was the last time I did such a thing.

Just wondering, if I'm playing offline with a guest, rack up a couple of hours of play, turn off the console, then go to play again the next day or whatever, will the game save our collective progress, or just mine?

Looking to pick up this for PS3 solely for local co-op. Resi 5 was the last time I did such a thing.

Just wondering, if I'm playing offline with a guest, rack up a couple of hours of play, turn off the console, then go to play again the next day or whatever, will the game save our collective progress, or just mine?

I dunno if it will save their progress if they sign in as a guest, so just set them up a profile on the PS3 itself, and it will save their progress in a file in their profile. Also, their profile name will show up on the screen which looks better and helps avoid any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Grayditch wrote: »
    I dunno if it will save their progress if they sign in as a guest, so just set them up a profile on the PS3 itself, and it will save their progress in a file in their profile. Also, their profile name will show up on the screen which looks better and helps avoid any confusion.

Yup, pretty obvious workaround!
    Cheers, brain wasn't paying attention.

Looking forward to picking up a bag of cans and getting stuck in to it for a few hours!

I know some games save co-op progress on the one save file, but I'm not sure about this. With this way, there's always the option that the person you play with can save their file and play it on their own PS3 in the future, if that's an option.

It's great craic on the same screen anyway :)

Ha start of act 2 and I had the enchantress with me now since playthrough 1, she says "she seems very familiar" when we meet her :D

Then later
    you must be one of my sisters, how wonderful to see you again
    nicely explaining away a paradox, was a nice touch that made me smile

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems the expansion will have an insane amount of changes.

http://www.diablofans.com/

A good way to cash in on what should have been in the initial product.

I'll buy it when its €3.99.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I love some of the changes, but I'm pretty furious about some others.
    People spent months crafting ideal items only to find out they're not eligible for re-rolling an affix....

Advertisement