Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

have to say im loving this on the xbox, found my first legendary towards the end of act 1. cant wait to try some local co op on it this weekend. havnt played it online yet but will probably do that this weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

So, I'm a Diablo newbie, but downloaded the demo on PS3 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Decided to buy it, however, I have a high end gaming PC, as well as PS3, I'm wondering which version i should pick up? Or even it makes much of a difference?

I will probably not play the local co-op often at all, perhaps the odd time if my nephew is around, so will be mostly solo / online play.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Fenix wrote: »
    So, I'm a Diablo newbie, but downloaded the demo on PS3 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Decided to buy it, however, I have a high end gaming PC, as well as PS3, I'm wondering which version i should pick up? Or even it makes much of a difference?

I will probably not play the local co-op often at all, perhaps the odd time if my nephew is around, so will be mostly solo / online play.

Cheers!

In it's current state, the console version is superior to the PC version [excluding graphics, obviously] - though I got the 360 version of it, no idea what it's like on the PS3 with regards to online play, I can vouch that it is a very worthwhile purchase :D

Cheers Beerwolf, Is this because of the Loot system ? I've no clue what im talking about here, just going on what I've read in this thread and a few other places!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fenix wrote: »
    Cheers Beerwolf, Is this because of the Loot system ? I've no clue what im talking about here, just going on what I've read in this thread and a few other places!

Mostly the loot system yes and the lack of auction house which totally ruins the game on PC.
    Put it this way when i was playing regularly i could go days and days weeks even without a gear upgrade, infact my barb is still running around in yellow gear, only legendarys i have are two weapons i bought on the auction house.
    Pain in the backside farming for gear upgrades that rarely drop, even worse to know someone can buy vastly better gear for real money.

Apparently they are working on improving this with the so called "Loot 2.0" people are saying the console version has along the lines of Loot 1.5 , ive watched many streams on PC and since the console release its version too and purely based on these streams i can see the console version has a vastly superior drop rate thus making the game actually rewarding to play unlike the PC version.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, PS3 version it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Got my copy from amazon for the PS3 today. Really liking it so far. Playing as a barbarian , and got to the skeleton king , but I keep on dying. I'm level nine I think.

Handy that you can revive when you die , and not have to start the level again. Some areas no way would I have got through without reviving !! Probably why I stuck on the boss (have to start him each time I die)

2smiggy wrote: »
    Got my copy from amazon for the PS3 today. Really liking it so far. Playing as a barbarian , and got to the skeleton king , but I keep on dying. I'm level nine I think.

Handy that you can revive when you die , and not have to start the level again. Some areas no way would I have got through without reviving !! Probably why I stuck on the boss (have to start him each time I die)

Don't forget to equip your follower and make him learn skills as he levels up too. He has some skills to help with healing. In his inventory circle to the locks along the top and you will see some unlocked and just click into them to see the skills

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Don't forget to equip your follower and make him learn skills as he levels up too. He has some skills to help with healing. In his inventory circle to the locks along the top and you will see some unlocked and just click into them to see the skills

Did not know that at all !! He gets wiped fairly early in the fight the times have tried it. If I complete it online with a group , will there be less XP and loot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Did not know that at all !! He gets wiped fairly early in the fight the times have tried it. If I complete it online with a group , will there be less XP and loot ?

Loot is personal if I remember correctly e.g. you only see loot that has dropped for you

• Advertisement

Ye in online all the loot you see is yours, the others will see their own loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hey all,
    I finally have the infernal machine plans and 3 infernal machines. I got the keys on mp5. People say I should run the ubers on mp7.

Any recommendations and does anyone want to help me?

If I complete it online with a group , will there be less XP and loot ?

More people playing = More XP. But monsters get stronger, do more damage and higher health.

But leveling is faster in general.

Loot drop rate remains the same iirc.

My friend started playing with me last night after the pub, we wandered around abit to level him up a small bit. Then fought the skeleton king. Finally passed him around 5.30am !! Have to say really enjoying the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

D wrote: »
    I finally have the infernal machine plans and 3 infernal machines. I got the keys on mp5. People say I should run the ubers on mp7.

Any recommendations and does anyone want to help me?

What level would you need to be to help? (XBOX or PC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

What level would you need to be to help? (XBOX or PC)

you need to be 60 to run ubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/diablo-iii-auction-house-update-17-09-2013

March 14th 2014 both auction houses are being shut down. Welcome back Diablo?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/diablo-iii-auction-house-update-17-09-2013

March 14th 2014 both auction houses are being shut down. Welcome back Diablo?

Well all they needed to do is just add an a non AH house mode and it would be sorted. Easy to fix thing...

Was just on my way to post it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looking forward to this, hopefully this along with the "Loot 2.0" plan they will bring back some of the Diablo 2 feels I had!

Also, it has to be said. Fair play to Blizzard for admitting it wasn't working

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'd heard so many awful things about the AH that I never touched this game, might purchase next year so.

There'll be a GotY version some day I'd imagine? Might wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I guess they finally decided that they've made enough money from the RMAH.
    No idea why we have to wait until next March though. Shut the damn thing down in 2 weeks!

I guess they finally decided that they've made enough money from the RMAH.
    No idea why we have to wait until next March though. Shut the damn thing down in 2 weeks!

I think it's to tie in with a release date for loot 2.0 and Reaper of Souls.
    Perhaps they just dropped a subtle hint that this is the scheduled release date? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

AH was never going to work in the long run.

After a certain amount of time, the market would naturally become saturated and items devalued. Even if the drop rate was %0.003, eventually there would be enough items floating around to make them worthless.

Adding more and more items would keep them making some money but is a temp solution to a long term problem.Plus it would still leave a good portion of the Diablo following in the 'f*ck blizzard' camp.

I haven't played my collectors edition since....July 2012 possibly.

D2 i played for 11 years...and i didn't even know what i was buying at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Taylor365 wrote: »
    AH was never going to work in the long run.

After a certain amount of time, the market would naturally become saturated and items devalued. Even if the drop rate was %0.003, eventually there would be enough items floating around to make them worthless.

Adding more and more items would keep them making some money but is a temp solution to a long term problem.Plus it would still leave a good portion of the Diablo following in the 'f*ck blizzard' camp.

I haven't played my collectors edition since....July 2012 possibly.

D2 i played for 11 years...and i didn't even know what i was buying at the time!

To be fair, having played D2 so much probably meant that we were always going to get bored of D3 quicker, even without the AH.

Gbear wrote: »
    To be fair, having played D2 so much probably meant that we were always going to get bored of D3 quicker, even without the AH.

Pretty much how I felt initially, on the PC version.

Enjoy playing it on the 360 though, go figure! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Finally a sensible move by Blizzard. Will definitely jump back in once this is implemented however I really hope they have the sense to start a new ladder if it doesn't coincide with the expansion release and to implement some better way of organising player trades instead of adding people to your friends list.

A completely new ladder, the AH gone for good and a new trade system (even old school lobbies) and I can see the player numbers picking up and the game sustaining a large number of active players.

Come on Blizzard the Diablo franchise needs this!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Really hope they bring some sort of ladder system to it. Really made D2 an awesome game

What was the ladder system? Have only started it on the xbox and loving it so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hard to implement a ladder when people can easily cap lvl, the ladder was just a lvl count in D2

Advertisement