Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Hardcore leagues/ladders would be a great additions i think. Like how they do it in POE, race leagues are great for giving the more experienced players something else to do when they've got those max level characters etc. Also they could add additional monster modifiers to certain ladders like they do in POE, such as the hardcore Onslaught league where monsters move/attack 20% faster etc

They really could take some of the things POE implemented and make diablo 3 a much better game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NwRepairman

Can anybody recommend a decent cheap laptop that will run D3?
    Just something to farm and grind on during the week when I'm away from home ;)
    Any links to prospective contenders appreciated!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

nix wrote: »
    Hard to implement a ladder when people can easily cap lvl, the ladder was just a lvl count in D2

Paragon levels can cover this and besides, the most important factor and why people play new ladders so much is the economy reset.
    Magill wrote: »
    Hardcore leagues/ladders would be a great additions i think. Like how they do it in POE, race leagues are great for giving the more experienced players something else to do when they've got those max level characters etc. Also they could add additional monster modifiers to certain ladders like they do in POE, such as the hardcore Onslaught league where monsters move/attack 20% faster etc

They really could take some of the things POE implemented and make diablo 3 a much better game imo.

Yep, there's a hell of a lot to be learned from POE and I really hope Blizzard takes note. POE is my favourite game of the last few years but the one thing that always gets me is that it just isn't Diablo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

One thing I've noticed from reading D3 based forums, for the last year and a half there has been epic bitching about the AH and RMAH being implemented.

Now they're bitching that it's being removed and it's not fair on the players who can't spent hours and hours a day playing...

My god.. no matter what Blizzard do people will ALWAYS complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

One thing I've noticed from reading D3 based forums, for the last year and a half there has been epic bitching about the AH and RMAH being implemented.

Now they're bitching that it's being removed and it's not fair on the players who can't spent hours and hours a day playing...

Happens on every blizz game.

it's silly though as they aren't removing till loot 2.0 so they'll get better drops anyway and won't need AH as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The only people likely to complain are those that have already made a huge amount of gold/real money from the auction houses, and they want to make more.

And I suppose there are those who may feel cheated because they spent a lot of real money buying items that will likely be just dropping more often in the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yup. Unfortunately it is Blizzards gamer base. Forum is just a concentrated of "bitching".

As I said before: Just add a no AH game mode and be done with it. Bouth parties happy and a few assholes bitching only.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This actually made BBC headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

This actually made BBC headlines.

ha nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

And I suppose there are those who may feel cheated because they spent a lot of real money buying items that will likely be just dropping more often in the new system.

Why should they feel cheated? The closure won't be until March - they've got up to now, til then, to make use of the gear they've got... That's half a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Why should they feel cheated? The closure won't be until March - they've got up to now, til then, to make use of the gear they've got... That's half a year.

There is no logic to the whingers on dedicated Game forums. If blizzard said they're giving everyone a free copy of th expansions along with a €2000 someone would bitch about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Only forum i stick with is DiabloInc.

Many a single player D2 tourney over the years kept me interested. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I remember blizz south korea announced that starcraft 2 would come free with active wow subscription. People on us/eu forums went made saying they were ripped off even though wow sub pricing uses a different model in Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

did you or someone else not already say this?

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    did you or someone else not already say this?

Can't say that I have? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How do you trade in the console versions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How do you trade in the console versions

Bring it to Gamestop!! :p

No idea but if it's local only multiplayer do it the old fashioned way and just throw the item on the ground and get them to pick it up!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Bring it to Gamestop!! :p

haha not a chance, im loving it.
    I was playing an online game and someone started trading with me but i have no idea how they did it. I sent them a message asking but they spoke german and no english I think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i was playing with my friend, and i am a barb so i just threw him some of my better crossbows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Quick question. I used to play Diablo 3 a year ago on my laptop on UPC no problem. Now ive a new pc and with Magnet and tried to install Diablo 3 but the client keeps resetting my router. I added all the ports to the firewall like they suggest and also disabled P2P like they suggest, but it still happens. It downloads for a minute at full speed then my router resets. The same happens with Starcraft 2 client, so im guessing its battle.net. Anyone had the same and solved it?

• Advertisement

Jacovs wrote: »
    Quick question. I used to play Diablo 3 a year ago on my laptop on UPC no problem. Now ive a new pc and with Magnet and tried to install Diablo 3 but the client keeps resetting my router. I added all the ports to the firewall like they suggest and also disabled P2P like they suggest, but it still happens. It downloads for a minute at full speed then my router resets. The same happens with Starcraft 2 client, so im guessing its battle.net. Anyone had the same and solved it?

Can't say I have - but you're better off posting this issue on the battle.net forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Looks like there is a glitch on the console versions whereby if you pick up a new legendary item it will not show in your inventory and allow you to identify it.

Blizzard have posted about it on their forums, the workaround is to restart the game or interact with your stash.

Is this only a recent thing or on a particular act or difficulty because it hadst happened to me at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Link detailing it and reply from Blizzard:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882179501?page=1#5

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1643-legendary-items-disappearing-on-console-diablo-iii

I had no problem with the first 10 or so legendary items I found but I found two playing yesterday that were not showing in
    my inventory until I traveled back to town and opened/closed my stash.

Can't say I have - but you're better off posting this issue on the battle.net forums.
    I checked their forum and seems lots of people in UK had the same problem, all on the same ISP, but not the same ISP as me, but nobody says how it was fixed, or if it was fixed.
    I lodged a ticket anyways and they got back to me saying I have to contact my ISP cos theres nothing Blizzard can do for me.
    Im just going to try my old laptop on Magnet and see if it works. That way Id know if its the ISP or new PC for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

could be some sort of flood protection on the router? can you configure anything on it?

Ive tried with my laptop that worked fine on UPC before, and it works fine on Magnet. Left the game running about half an hour without any problems. So must be something with the new pc, not the ISP. Told them this in a further ticket so will see when they get back to me. If I cant play on the PC then probably wont be getting the expansion.

What do people use gold for on console versions. Iv just reached nightmare and the only thing iv spent gold on is increasing my stash size.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sometime Merchants have better stuff than I have. Making weapons and armours costs a small amount with the Blacksmith. I'm usually fairly loaded, though.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sometime Merchants have better stuff than I have. Making weapons and armours costs a small amount with the Blacksmith. I'm usually fairly loaded, though.

Iv pretty much stayed clear of them, don't think the merchants have had anything better than I already had. What's the max you can increase your stash too?

Advertisement