Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, giving a bash on PS3 now. I really love it. Loot is definitely better, but I found "normal" mode to be quite a challenge. I died countless times on my barb and I only just passed Learic. One annoying thing: If you play on hard mode, you dont get any advantage in xp gain, mf or gold. I even have a feeling its better drop to easy up until I can get Master difficulty levels...
    So all in all it is pretty fun. Just knowing that stuff that I will find is the stuff I will use makes so much more appealing to play now. Its a shame AH on PC is still here to stick around up until 2014++... Loot 2.0 wount be soon too. Ah well, at least I got ps3 version to play with!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Been messing about with it recently on PC, my barb is only paragon level 9 and my gear sucks.
    Any tips on stats for farming inferno,even MP1 i die too fast.
    Im thinking stacking resistances but then again maybe magic find would be good for farming to try get some legendaries?
    Only legendaries i have are two i bought on AH last time i played many months ago.

Dcully wrote: »
    Been messing about with it recently on PC, my barb is only paragon level 9 and my gear sucks.
    Im thinking stacking resistances but then again maybe magic find would be good for farming to try get some legendaries?
    Only legendaries i have are two i bought on AH last time i played many months ago.

Spend 1.5eu, buy 50mil Gold, update your gear, kill **** in mp3-4. Unfortunately thats how it is now. Or you can farm 50mil yourself on such low tier character ( no insult intended ), which will take a good few months.

Protip: buy ps3 version. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

What kind of gear have ye got? what weapons and skills are ye using?

There's a bunch of decent specs for low end gear that can punt you way past MP1.
    You could spend real money on the ah gearing up but whats the point, it's diablo, it's supposed to be a gear grind. Btw, most of the good low end armour stuff is craftable now too, so that will negate the need to buy some of the gear you may need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What kind of gear have ye got? what weapons and skills are ye using?

There's a bunch of decent specs for low end gear that can punt you way past MP1.
    You could spend real money on the ah gearing up but whats the point, it's diablo, it's supposed to be a gear grind. Btw, most of the good low end armour stuff is craftable now too, so that will negate the need to buy some of the gear you may need.

Gear is allover the place really, havent played in ages.
    Any suggested spec to get things rolling and maybe stats to go with said spec, just something to get going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's just matter of opinion and whatever suits you. Though some specs are more powerful than others depending on gear.
    Are ye using two one-handers or a 2hander? or sword and board?

There's a whirlwind spec for dual wielding that's pretty cool, but it's not as good as it used to be i've heard.

I use a 2h axe (Skorn) so my spec is pretty much this

Bash - instigation -> rage generator
    Rend - Bloodlust -> use as a secondary attack every 6 seconds or so.
    Hammer of the ancients -smash -> rage dump at above 75% rage, for a whopper of a crit use at max fury (it's got a way smaller area so you have to get used to it).
    Battlerage - marauders rage -> self buff whenever.
    Warcry - impunity -> self buff whenever.
    Wrath of the berserker - insanity - mostly use on tough packs, or to break a snare etc.. panic button for massive damage.

Runes: Weapons master, Ruthless, and Boon of bul kathos.

Gear is the hard part, you'll need a tonne of crit and crit-damage gear, attack speed helps a lot, and then stats, strength and vitality obviously. All res after that (imo) I'm running with an average of around 550-600 AR and have no problems on mp6 and 7.

I'd suggest you craft as much of the new recipes as you can if you cant afford buying gear on the ah, sometimes you'll get a good price, others you wont and the exact same can be said for crafting, it's a gamble and an expensive one if you consistently dont get what you're looking for, like me :P

Sword and board's just don't really have any specs that are viable which is a shame, at least none i've seen anyway.

That's just my own style of play though, i'm sure there's way better specs out there for what way you fancy playing, i just like that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gear is allover the place really, havent played in ages.
    Any suggested spec to get things rolling and maybe stats to go with said spec, just something to get going.

Defensive wise you should be aiming for 600 AR with self buff which should be easy get. At least 3% life steal on gear and 40khp unbuffed. Once you have those you can work on getting STR, Crit chance and crit damage and some attack speed where possible.

IK belt has 3% life steal and the set bonuses are nice if you get 3 pieces. Get a skorn with some crit damage and put a crit damage gem in the socket for a nice DPS boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was playing Diablo 2 there yesterday. It still holds up so well.

It's still a better game than D3. Although I've barely played D3 in a year so it's probably improved in that time.

One thing I did notice is that I can name all the items and can probably put them all in order of quality in D2.
    I never got that with D3. All the items seem more generic.

Each item has a special place in my memory in D2 whereas in D3 it feels more about pure number crunching and improving your stats.

In D2 the link between your characters strength and the stats was a little fuzzier. Although I can see how the first impulse is to make it more robust and transparent I wonder was some of the fun lost when the game overemphasised data.
    The spreadsheetification of the game, to put it one way.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

for an mp10 build and gear that will rofl stomp everything without ever dying, then this is what you want to aim for.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RoyalMarine-2579/hero/30743593

for a cheaper version, forget the mempho, go for a skorn, get lacuni prowler bracers and then ice climbers with no movespeed.
    make sure you have roughly the following stats for mp10

24% move speed
    200k dps (unbuffed but including passives)
    50k hp
    5k armor
    500 all res
    6% life steal including bloodthirst, or can be subsidised with rend bloodlust.

if you want help in game, feel free to add me
    royalmarine#2579

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Wow dude! Pretty much a perfect Barb there. How come you have 3 of them lvl100?

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Wow dude! Pretty much a perfect Barb there. How come you have 3 of them lvl100?

He is Diablo 3 versiob of WoW player. You know, the on who has "no life" :pac:

Anyway, I am playing diablo 3 now on console and damn it is fun! Got my first legendary at level 14 and it was a great upgrade. Just knowing that stuff you find is stuff you will use makes it a lot more fun. Knowing that stuff will actually drop for you helps too! :pac:

I am really surprised how well controls work. The more I play, the more I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

@ RoyalMarine Impressive list!!

I just printed out your wizard spec so I can try and copy it :) Currently lvl 51 fighting Diablo between nightmare and hell.

I tend to just use Electrocute and Disintegrate for my primary and secondary. Is that Ok or should I change it up a bit?

Thanks

my wizz spec is for a critical mass build.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em876JzsaFM

you basically perma stun enemies in place. Works wonders with a monk in the party.

@ktulu, in new expansion, paragon levels will be account wide, so instead of having 100 points to spend, I'll have a lot more etc.
    Also kinda pointless to play with a para 100 atm as the experience is wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyway, I am playing diablo 3 now on console and damn it is fun! Got my first legendary at level 14 and it was a great upgrade. Just knowing that stuff you find is stuff you will use makes it a lot more fun. Knowing that stuff will actually drop for you helps too! :pac:

I am really surprised how well controls work. The more I play, the more I like it.

I think it's fantastic on console too, it's great fun and legendaries drop quiet often which is nice. I'm enjoying it much more than i thought I would. I thought it would be a while before GTA came out of the disc drive but I try play both most nights because it's just so much fun

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think it's fantastic on console too, it's great fun and legendaries drop quiet often which is nice. I'm enjoying it much more than i thought I would. I thought it would be a while before GTA came out of the disc drive but I try play both most nights because it's just so much fun

Aye. After finishing GTA 5, I am kind of strugling to come back playing it. Looks like the stuff thats left is for achievement whores and I grew out of ages where I would go on Rampage just for ****s and giggles... I guess the fact that Property owning is pretty much useless and makes no financial sense ( Buy cinema for 2mil and get 17k per week income, 1 week 3hours, so you need around 200h in game time and actually playing before it will even buy it self back... Stock market made me 100k in 12hours of afk... )
    So now its pretty much diablo 3 in my ps3. Just droping my arse in Recliner chair and killing deamons. The loot reworked so nicely. I got 4 legendaries and I am level 20 now. Items you find actually useful. I guess having "full reset" ( after laying so much on PC and being tainted by cheating items sourced by main character to alts for easy leveling ) it is fun again. I know I said it before, but having no AH helps so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

(Playing on Xbox)

I was playing with a group last night on Hell mode and one of the guys just seemed to kill everything by running into them? I spent a good 30 minutes just trying to catch up with him as he ran through every level and insta-killed everything from Bosses to Diablo himself. In fairness Diablo did take a bit longer that everyone else but still it was practically an instant kill.

Do you think this guy was cheating or was he just some insane level farming for items?

(Playing on Xbox)

I was playing with a group last night on Hell mode and one of the guys just seemed to kill everything by running into them? I spent a good 30 minutes just trying to catch up with him as he ran through every level and insta-killed everything from Bosses to Diablo himself. In fairness Diablo did take a bit longer that everyone else but still it was practically an instant kill.

Do you think this guy was cheating or was he just some insane level farming for items?

He is level 60 with very good gear. I presume you are on lower then inferno difficulty. He is just a show off ass and it is not fun to run after people like that. Reminds me a bit of Royal Marine! :pac:

That is the reason I dont like playing diablo 3 online with other people. Specially with randomers. I like to play it on my own phase. Local Co-op is different story though. Now that stuff is fun and keeps you together. you will stay both pretty much same level and gear you find will be similar.

On my own progress: I am level 55 Barb now and on Hell act 2. I am loving Diablo 3 on ps3. So much fun. Its a shame it will be so long until they fix PC version :(

Might not take as long as you think.

BTW, the only reason I killed everything so quick is to boost you and maybe you find some semi decent upgrades etc. With some small work and on a higher difficulty it would be somewhat the same pace to play on.

Well, just killed hells diablo. Will start inferno tomorrow. I got fury with 1.4k dps in act 4. No socket though. So I guess still got More room for improvement lol.

Got 60% of trophies done. I checked the rest of them and they are pretty much easy enough to pull off. Just one achievement might be annoying - loot 5mil gold..... Feck...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I may be missing something but is there any way of communicating with each other on console version like a set of phrases to let other know what you doing like going back to town to stash/sell or tell someone to wait or anything like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well, just killed hells diablo. Will start inferno tomorrow. I got fury with 1.4k dps in act 4. No socket though. So I guess still got More room for improvement lol.

Got 60% of trophies done. I checked the rest of them and they are pretty much easy enough to pull off. Just one achievement might be annoying - loot 5mil gold..... Feck...

Just to give you an idea of that 5 million gold one, I have 4 full plays done now, and no farming and for the most part solo, the last play on inferno I had decent gold drop stats and 3x Nephalem Valor almost constantly but I was playing on medium every play through and am currently at
    1.2 million

Thats as I say over 4 solo plays, even with leaving my game open to public i only ever had 1 or 2 join in all that time, the most effective way to get this one is to play as a group of 4 and on inferno / medium and run a part of act 3, not sure I have the will to do it mind and certainly not solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Diablo 3 expansion update details new Mystic Artisan, weapon enchantments and more. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will add a Mystic artisan to your encampment. Her name is Myriam Jahzia, and using her craft, players will be able to enchant and alter their weapons to new degrees.
    Players have a chance to rescue Myriam in the city of Westmarch, and shortly after she will set up shop in camp. From then she can enchant your weapons and alter your appearance if you so choose.

The post explains, “Have you ever looted an item whose stats were almost perfect, but one property just wasn’t quite what you had hoped for? Or perhaps you found an item you love, but are starting to outgrow its power? With Enchanting, you will be able to reroll one property on a Rare or Legendary item simply by speaking to Myriam, opening up her Enchant menu, and then paying a material cost. It’s that easy.

“While not all properties can be rerolled, most can, and you’ll be able to reroll a single property over and over again, as many times as you like. This allows Enchanting to feel meaningful, while still allowing lots of room for you to hunt for even better base items (which, of course, you can then Enchant into even more powerful items, and so on).”

Myriam can also use the power of Transmogrification to alter an item’s appearance without affecting its stats.

Diablo-3-Transmogrification-1152x720.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/diablo-3-expansion-update-details-new-mystic-artisan-weapon-enchantments-and-more/

Looks cool. I have huge hopes for 2.0 loot and AH shut down on PC. Console version is a lot of fun do far. Need to get back to it and find IK set for me Redheaded "Sugartits" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wheres the cheapest place to get this for PC? Been meaning to get it for the longest time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wheres the cheapest place to get this for PC? Been meaning to get it for the longest time.

To he honest i would wait for the expansion. There might be a few deals floating around for the vanilla game + expansion. Unless ofcourse your in dire need to play it right now!

Better off getting Console version at the moment if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

To he honest i would wait for the expansion. There might be a few deals floating around for the vanilla game + expansion. Unless ofcourse your in dire need to play it right now!

I don't mind waiting. I see its out next year, is there a rough idea of when?
    Better off getting Console version at the moment if you can.

What would be the advantage for getting on console over pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I don't mind waiting. I see its out next year, is there a rough idea of when?

What would be the advantage for getting on console over pc?

No idea of release date but i would wager they will set a date at BlizzCon which is just around the corner. The advantages of console D3 is the better loot system, no auction house and playing in a comfy sofa with a joypad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No idea of release date but i would wager they will set a date at BlizzCon which is just around the corner. The advantages of console D3 is the better loot system, no auction house and playing in a comfy sofa with a joypad :D

The PS4 version should come out with the patch bundled with it, no other reason why it would come out before it, it would just be the same game otherwise and I do not see them improving the graphics that much between consoles.

• Advertisement

On console it is a lot more satisfying game. The loot systems are very different on PC and console versions. On PC you got AH and very very low chance of useful stuff actually droping. You will end up grinding gold instead and buying 95% of your equipment of AH. To progress pass inferno you will need 100% to buy AH stuff. To make it worse you will need millions of gold, which takes ages to grind, but when you will see that you can buy 50mil for less then 1.8eu, you will just realise how pointless playing and earning yourself everything in D3.

On console there is no AH, so what you find is yours to use. the drop rate of stuff is quite drasticly adjusted for that. you will find legandaries. And you will find very good gear that you can actually use. You are hunting gear and not just gold like on PC. It might look a bit to easy, but once you get on higher Monster power levels it becomes really challenging.

I have 200h played on PC and a a good bit played on console and console version is just hands down better. Controller works with diablo 3 shockingly well too.

Advertisement