Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Nice one, sound Shadow. I'll pick it up for PS4 when I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Do keep in mind that all the loot changes that are currently available on console will be coming to the PC version with the expansion in March so if you're a predominantly PC gamer you might want to hold off and go with the PC version. Trading and grouping with other players will be a lot easier on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Big Knox wrote: »
    Do keep in mind that all the loot changes that are currently available on console will be coming to the PC version with the expansion in March so if you're a predominantly PC gamer you might want to hold off and go with the PC version. Trading and grouping with other players will be a lot easier on the PC.

The loot changes on the console version is not loot 2.0, it is more like loot 1.5, the new loot system will not be fully implemented till the expansion comes out and actually will come in a huge free patch planned to launch a few days before the expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

March 2014 is also not the release date.

fingers crossed for the beta to be released next month some time after Blizzcon.

Reaper of Souls Trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Xenji wrote: »
    Reaper of Souls Trailer

The map and the bounties system reminds me of Warframe for some reason. But yeah, gimmie this game. Do this right Blizzard and ill forgive you for everything. Just hoping they announce another new class at BlizzCon. One class just doesn't feel right

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The map and the bounties system reminds me of Warframe for some reason. But yeah, gimmie this game. Do this right Blizzard and ill forgive you for everything. Just hoping they announce another new class at BlizzCon. One class just doesn't feel right

They better announce date for it.

there won't be a second class to play, but the changes to the current classes are huge, item changes will alter how everyone buys/crafts their items and the fact that the AH is going away, means that drops will actually be rewarding again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Can't wait for this now :)

So from what I understand Ps4 version of Diablo 3 will come only with expansion?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Will most likely get this but meanwhile Path of Exile is a better game all round imo.
    Loved it during beta and love it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I thought i clicked on the PoE thread again there for a second. PoE is a good game but it didn't keep me hooked like Diablo 3 did during the time i played it. Lots of great ideas in the game but the gameplay itself is so static and really feels dated, and that bored me...

But i really have a good feeling about Diablo 3: RoS and think it will bring back the Diablo we all know all love

Ah, we lasted quite long without mentioned that damn game in diablo 3 thread... :rolleyes:
    Even when PoE thread is actually active at the moment.

Anyway, I would love to have a ticket and listen more about all the stuff as it does look damn cool. Blizzcons were always awesome. Just no way I am going to pay 30eu for it.... Fecking madness.

plenty of private streams around the place

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will be released in 2014, and the PS4 version of the game will include the expansion.
    alled “The Ultimate Evil Edition”, the release contains the core game along with the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Artwork and screenshots have been released, and the in-game shots below are of the PS4 version of the expansion.

GAME FEATURES:

The complete adventures of Act I-V, which takes players from the besieged town of New Tristram to the ancient halls of the Pandemonium Fortress

Six powerful character classes to choose from: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and the all-new Crusader

Newly designed loot system and offline gameplay mode designed to take advantage of the fast-paced action of the console platform

Hardcore mode for players who seek the thrill of constant peril that comes with the possibility of permanent death for their character

Direct character control and new DUALSHOCK®4 functionality such as color-coded player indicators for same-screen coop and touch pad shortcuts to keep players in the action

Seamless cooperative play featuring four-player online co-op and four-player local co-op games

PlayStation Network support, which will allow you to connect with friends, send game invitations, and access voice chat

Customize your hero’s appearance and augment your items’ power with a new artisan, the Mystic

Battle a new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes

Never stop exploring with Adventure Mode, where all waypoints are unlocked—the world is your battlefield

Engage in Nephalem Rifts, formerly known as Loot Runs, to test your mettle in 10-20 minute dungeons consisting of randomized areas, monsters, and bosses

Take on Bounties for fun and rewarding objective-based challenges

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/08/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-ps4-screenshots-released-alongside-artwork/

adventure mode...

Mother of god they finally listened! :):)

4th Passive unlocked at Level 70 (!!)

Features Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4TucaLkyY

Nephalem Rift Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXYb6WdamU

Crusader Gameplay Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88vLr99oG88

What's going on with Ladder? "Stay tuned"

No release date, beta, pricing or Collector's Edition to be announced at Blizzcon

Many new interesting monster types and innovative types of enemy AI

New Look at Crusader "Heavy Armor" Artwork: http://i.imgur.com/UyrNWhi.jpg

New look at "Pandemonium Fortress" Artwork: http://i.imgur.com/SDs3F2n.jpg

New look at "Battlefield" Artwork: http://i.imgur.com/x0KGrye.jpg

BloodMarsh:
    diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/BloodMarsh_Cave-2.jpg

Pandemonium Fortress:
    diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/pandemonium-fortress.jpg

Crusader Inventory UI:
    diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/westmarsh-town.jpg

CAUTION: If you have food in your mouth, you may choke on it when you see the Crusader's Strength and Vitality Stats.

Adventure Mode

Unlocks the entire game with an open World Map and all waypoints unlocked

The main features of Adventure Mode are Bounties and Nephalem Rifts

There will be dozens of random Bounties at the start of each Adventure Mode game

Bounties range from killing unique quests to completing sidequests

Nephalem Rifts are unlocked with Rift Keystones that you earn from Bounties

Nephalem Rifts are 100% randomized 1-10 level dungeons

Boss(es) at the end of a Rift are entirely random in type and abilities

Rift Dungeons offer special shrines that give unique temporary power ups

An example of a Nephalem Rift: A dungeon with packs of treasure goblins (!!!!)

Difficulty System

MP Difficulties are being replaced by 6 new difficulties:
    Easy, Normal, Hard, Torment, Demonic, Apocalypse

These difficulties replace the MP system and are merged with the tiered system

You are no longer required to progress through the game 4 times, only once

"In Reaper of Souls, the game difficulty settings have been updated to Easy, Normal, Hard, Torment, Demonic and Apocalypse. Similar to the way the tiered settings and Monster Power work in Diablo III, higher difficulty levels present more powerful enemies who will potentially reward players with more powerful loot! Unlike the previous tiered difficulty system, though, players are not required to defeat the game on a lower setting in order to unlock a higher difficulty setting. These settings can be selected at any time, for both Campaign Mode and Adventure Mode, making it more convenient than ever to find the level of challenge that’s right for you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That all sounds excellent......especially only having to clear the game once. I had an inferno wizard but clearing all that again with a new character multiple times was a chore.

The new act of the story is going to be big right? They arent going to skimp on that surely?

I doubt it. Everyone screamed for new content, and based on the time it's taken to release info about the new act, it will most likely be a big one. I can see it being equivalent to Act 1 in the time it takes to complete.

Act 1 was by far the best of the original 4. The quests and theme of it flowed nicely.

Then Act 2 came... and those fuking bee's drove thousands of people mental :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm interested in this game but I'm thinking of waiting for some version that contains all the expansions. I don't want to buy them all individually. I know that might be years away, but meh. If it turns out really well on PS4 I might just get it after release.

• Advertisement

Am I right to say that they are not making expansion for Ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Am I right to say that they are not making expansion for Ps3?

Yep. The ultimate evil edition is for PS4 only

is the ultimate evil edition not just d3 original and expo combined?

Ah, we lasted quite long without mentioned that damn game in diablo 3 thread... :rolleyes:
    Even when PoE thread is actually active at the moment.

Damn game ? Whats wrong with talking about another game in the same genre? :rolleyes:
    I doubt you have even played the finished product as you seem to have made up your mind based and the beta of 12 + months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dcully wrote: »
    Damn game ? Whats wrong with talking about another game in the same genre? :rolleyes:
    I doubt you have even played the finished product as you seem to have made up your mind based and the beta of 12 + months ago.

In fairness.. posting a review just seems a bit trollish. Im sure everyone can see the POE thread.

On topic, this expansion looks pretty sweet. Blizzard have typically always produced great expansion packs so hopefully this is no different.

We all know it exist, at one stage this thread just became "lets bash D3 and praise how better PoE is". These are two different games and if you want to talk about PoE then just talk about it on that thread. Its like PoE fans cant get enough of coming to anything that D3 related and say " LOOK, LOOK WHAT I GOT! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!! ****ING LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!"
    If its so good, just go and play it and discuss it dedicated thread about it. And yes, throwing a review in here at this stage is just trollish too.

Yes, I tried PoE and I did not liked it. Its not even about mechanics, but about the whole feel of it. I dont like it, but I wount be going to PoE thread and talk how much D3 is better, for me. Or say how **** PoE is to me and how much worse of a game it is. :rolleyes:
    If you found PoE better and you enjoy that game, well bless you and have fun. If I will want to go and find out more about PoE I will pop in to PoE thread. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah your too sensitive mate :)

Are you sure you have enough :rolleyes: in there ? ;)

In fairness.. posting a review just seems a bit trollish. Im sure everyone can see the POE thread.

Not intended to be a troll man,just trying to make folks aware of it.
    Afterall the devs deserve every little bit of help to promote their game.
    You would be surprised the amount of people dont see all threads,im pretty sure there are ARPG fans on boards unaware of POE.
    This week alone atleast 5 guys over on the clan/community i game with have tried the game having not known about it previously.
    Its no surprise since its gone on steam the player count has gone through the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

is the ultimate evil edition not just d3 original and expo combined?

Yep. They only talked about soul reaper on ps4 and that you can transfer your character from ps3 to ps4

Ah your too sensitive mate :)

Are you sure you have enough :rolleyes: in there ? ;)

Not intended to be a troll man,just trying to make folks aware of it.
    Afterall the devs deserve every little bit of help to promote their game.
    You would be surprised the amount of people dont see all threads,im pretty sure there are ARPG fans on boards unaware of POE.
    This week alone atleast 5 guys over on the clan/community i game with have tried the game having not known about it previously.
    Its no surprise since its gone on steam the player count has gone through the roof.

The ":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:" was more a tong in a cheek thing as you put a few of those yourself in first post. ;)

I am not too sensitive, but I am a huge Diablo fan. With its flows, D3 is still fun game for me. I just got sick of going in to Diablo 3 thread and not seeing Diablo 3 discussion, but again and again how PoE is better. I hope you understand that, as it is becoming really annoying at this stage.

People know about it and it is talked a lot on youtube, No need to push it even further. Those who will want to play PoE will find its way, specially when we got an active thread already.

On topic: I am seriously thinking about which version to get when expansion comes out, Pc or PS4. I do play a lot of PC, but local multiplayer and controller playing on couch is so tempting. I was really impressed by Ps3 version.
    If expansion on PC wount go for stupid money ( like we know blizz likes to do ), I will pick up for both.

• Advertisement

btw i dont think poe is better, i enjoy both :) aswell as torchlight 2 :)

Advertisement