Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dcully wrote: »
    btw i dont think poe is better, i enjoy both :) aswell as torchlight 2 :)

Now kiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

We all know it exist, at one stage this thread just became "lets bash D3 and praise how better PoE is".
    Can we just do this again?

Damn you blizzard :mad:

...damn you to hellllllllllllll!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Apparently Blizzard are not supporting remote play on the PS4, saying the Vita screen is too small. Really disappointing, why are they deciding for me that the screen is too small? I think the way the PS4 is designed they don't really have to do much other than map buttons to make remote play work, so they've actually had to do work to stop remote play functioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

danthefan wrote: »
    Apparently Blizzard are not supporting remote play on the PS4, saying the Vita screen is too small. Really disappointing, why are they deciding for me that the screen is too small? I think the way the PS4 is designed they don't really have to do much other than map buttons to make remote play work, so they've actually had to do work to stop remote play functioning.

This is bull****... And why the feck are they getting away with it? Was that not the mandatory thing by Sony?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Why they even have an option to rule out ffs? And how is the screen to small if all other games manage just fine?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sony wouldn't make it a requirement. It's an option open, and probably encouraged, but not required (afaik)

Kiith wrote: »
    Sony wouldn't make it a requirement. It's an option open, and probably encouraged, but not required (afaik)

Surely like Kinect mandatory, the ps vita cross play is mandatory by Sony. That was said ages ago.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Initially they said they weren't supporting it, reaction was very negative, now they're saying they're looking at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Surely like Kinect mandatory, the ps vita cross play is mandatory by Sony. That was said ages ago.

Kinect isn't mandatory though, is it? Surprising if true, as forcing developers to add things that are console specific, especially on multiplatform releases seems pretty stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Diablo on a kinect? Yid be bolloxed in no time playing a barb with all the windmilling whirlwinding :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

hahaha imagine trying to explain that to someone if you were caught doing it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I really didn't want to get this.
    I was really dissappointed with D3 and was totally set against getting the expansion.
    But now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

People seem to forget that D2 wasn't exactly the greatest before LOD. That expansion is what D2 is most loved for imo. Maybe this will be the same.

Magill wrote: »
    People seem to forget that D2 wasn't exactly the greatest before LOD. That expansion is what D2 is most loved for imo. Maybe this will be the same.

I personally think that Rose tinted glasses Effect is the worst in Diablo universe. Diablo 2 was good, but expansion pulled it to where it was. Even so, Diablo 2 Lod was not perfect and Diablo 3 did a huge improvement in a lot of areas. AH is the reason why overall design was a miss shot by blizzard. Console version proved it.

D2 was great before LOD enhanced it with more content of course, but it didnt make the game what it was, the game was kickass before the expansion.

The only thing lod added was 2 more classes (which werent even that good in comparison to the other) a new act and runes.

It didnt "fix" the game like this new D3 expansion is aiming to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I love the standard D3. AH or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

nix wrote: »
    D2 was great before LOD enhanced it with more content of course, but it didnt make the game what it was, the game was kickass before the expansion.

The only thing lod added was 2 more classes (which werent even that good in comparison to the other) a new act and runes.

It didnt "fix" the game like this new D3 expansion is aiming to do :)

Not really tho, i mean... the gear system for one was pretty terrible. There were no good uniques and no post Nightmare sets, it was all about the high rolling rares like d3 was at the start. No crafting, charms or runes, tons of bugs and a pretty **** skill trees that didn't really work until they patched it with significant changes(1.1 i think ?). Don't get me wrong... Diablo 2 was a really good game... but i just happen to think Diablo 3 is also a good game, especially now with all the changes and upgrades they've made to the game.. it took them 8 years of patching to get D2 to the masterpiece people have ingrained in their memory.

The only real fix they're doing is removing the AH.

They did have to patch it quite alot to balance it after launch i remember alright, i remember rerolling my necro when they nerfed corpse explode to the ground, and then again with the blood golem / iron maiden combo :(

God i miss Necro, I'm not impressed at all with there only being one new class for D3 expansion and it being a pala pretty much :( Although kinda stupid i s'pose having a necro with a witch doctor in game..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

They did have to patch it quite alot to balance it after launch i remember alright, i remember rerolling my necro when they nerfed corpse explode to the ground, and then again with the blood golem / iron maiden combo :(

God i miss Necro, I'm not impressed at all with there only being one new class for D3 expansion and it being a pala pretty much :( Although kinda stupid i s'pose having a necro with a witch doctor in game..
    Necro...first ever class played..

..best ever class played.

....until you get to hell and your army ****s itself.

• Advertisement

I still want Necro myself and Witch Doctor is not really a Necro. Close enough, but he is not.

Its really a shame to have only one new class and it is Paladin thing. :( I really hope templar got a Hammer of win! :pac:

Blizzard now confirming it WILL support remote play and the PS4 version comes packaged with the expansion. Think that's settled it for me.

danthefan wrote: »
    Blizzard now confirming it WILL support remote play and the PS4 version comes packaged with the expansion. Think that's settled it for me.

They fecking better be. If one company that would be a "party pooper", it is always a Blizzard. Want to have game on PS4,then be kind to have cross play. Let one fecker not do it, and the rest will start revolting. Damn little Dev bastards! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

During blizzcon, someone on the D3 forums said D3 is Chris Metzens love of Obama

Obama is tyrael?

so ive started playing again a bit, been swtiching between my sorc and DH, sorc at like 130k dps and DH at 90k ish. any idea what acts to be doing and what mp levels for a bit of warm up farming??

Royalmarine did you delete me off bnet or close your account or something? not showing on my list anymore...

so ive started playing again a bit, been swtiching between my sorc and DH, sorc at like 130k dps and DH at 90k ish. any idea what acts to be doing and what mp levels for a bit of warm up farming??

Royalmarine did you delete me off bnet or close your account or something? not showing on my list anymore...

He is not something simple like contact on your friend list anymore. He is now PART of DIABLO 3 IT SELF!!! *Scary Diablo laugh* :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah gone off mine too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gents, I never had an interest in these Diablo type games but Im looking at picking up DIABLO III for €29 quid on PC.

Is it worth dropping the few quid for it? Looking at Football Manager 2014 but f*ck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Gents, I never had an interest in these Diablo type games but Im looking at picking up DIABLO III for €29 quid on PC.

Is it worth dropping the few quid for it? Looking at Football Manager 2014 but f*ck that.

Get Path of Exile instead, same style of game, but a lot better, and its free. In game purchases are only cosmetic and dont affect the game at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone wrote: »
    Get Path of Exile instead, same style of game, but a lot better, and its free. In game purchases are only cosmetic and dont affect the game at all

This.

D3 is fun but save yourself the €29. If you like PoE then happy days, however if you find it a little overwhelming (which it can be for new players) but like the game style then you could invest in D3 which is a lot more casual.

Advertisement