Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Play PoE now, pick up D3 when Reaper of Souls comes out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

sorry guys, my acc got hacked and friends list got wiped.

re-add me

royalmarine#2579

although, surprisingly, I haven't played in ages! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Feck! Did you lose anything?

yeah lost everything but blizz were helpful :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:D The ease of which you can hack accounts on their network is astonishing.

You don't need any email confirmation to change your password and email address.

All you need to do is guess the secret question answer. And guess what?

YOU HAVE UNLIMITED TRIES TO GUESS!

:D

A 5 year old could do better account security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Taylor365 wrote: »
    :D The ease of which you can hack accounts on their network is astonishing.

You don't need any email confirmation to change your password and email address.

All you need to do is guess the secret question answer. And guess what?

YOU HAVE UNLIMITED TRIES TO GUESS!

:D

A 5 year old could do better account security.
    What if you have the Autenticator enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What if you have the Autenticator enabled?

have authenticator since they were first released. Never got account stolen. No one in guild has had account stolen and we all use authenicators.

Only time I had an issue is when my first physical authenticator battery started to go and it lose sync

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Some of the popular diablo 3 streamers have been invited to the "friends and family" beta and are streaming ROS now:D

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Diablo%20III%3A%20Reaper%20of%20Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Some of the popular diablo 3 streamers have been invited to the "friends and family" beta and are streaming ROS now:D

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Diablo%20III%3A%20Reaper%20of%20Souls

Damn! Maybe the actual repear of Souls is closer then we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's five or six months away, you know how blizzard roll with betas, and even their patches on PTR's are there for yonks before they go live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yup...it can be frustrating as they only release something when they are 99.9% sure it's good.

But it's much better than the 'release and fix it with 10 patches' attitude that is so common with publishers these days.

i dunno if i'd agree with the word good there lol, but yeah i think they're more on the ball with supporting their releases and ensuring patches are working correctly. More so than most other companies anyway.

With the beta released, prices have dropped on everything.
    My entire d3 worth is ruined :p

balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Diablo 3: Book of Tyrael companion guide out now.
    Diablo 3 companion guide Book of Tyrael is available now, courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment and Insight Editions. The 148-page tome is written from the perspective of former Archangel of Justice Tyrael himself, and it’s dedicated to the game’s lore, art and much more.

It follows our big chat with Blizzard about Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls and the PS4 edition. Check it out through the link.

In a post on Battle.net, Blizzard confirmed that Book of Tyrael is available for $29.24 via Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

The book’s timeline explores the full Diablo trilogy, and gives new details about the game worlds and characters that dwell within. It also lends insight into the new Crusader class, which will be added in Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.

To celebrate the book’s launch, Blizzard has released a new set of Diablo 3 wallpapers.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/28/5154492/diablo-3-148-page-book-of-tyrael-now-available

I know a few people who would love that for Christmas.

Xenji wrote: »
    Diablo 3: Book of Tyrael companion guide out now.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/28/5154492/diablo-3-148-page-book-of-tyrael-now-available

I know a few people who would love that for Christmas.

I honestly would love that, but I am even afraid to think about its Price tag in EU....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Whatever else you can say about them, they've always had amazing artwork. Loved the old Warcraft 2 manual back in the day.

Doomhammer_Presents_the_Head_of_Blackhand.jpg

25th of march a magical date for launch. Looks like a bit cheaper, but still expensive for expansion, though we know that blizzard has no problem for charging full price for expansions.
    Looking forward to this. Nice to see it not being pushed in to Xmas season too.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/67788/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-release-date-revealed-deluxecollector-editions-detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Looks like a bit cheaper, but still expensive for expansion, though we know that blizzard has no problem for charging full price for expansions.

To be fair, the content is usually fairly substantial.

Up until D3 getting a blizzard game would've been a no brainer for me and it might be again once the hype train gets rolling again nearer to launch but I'm really not all that bothered as of now.

D3 is a huge black mark against the brand for me.

Gbear wrote: »
    To be fair, the content is usually fairly substantial.

Up until D3 getting a blizzard game would've been a no brainer for me and it might be again once the hype train gets rolling again nearer to launch but I'm really not all that bothered as of now.

D3 is a huge black mark against the brand for me.

I still love it. Though I am not sure on what platform to get it first, PC or ps4. I really REALLY enjoyed playing with controller.

So we're definitely not getting a 2nd new class? I still want a proper Necromancer :(

• Advertisement

Ok, i've been playing the RoS beta for the past few weeks since launch (yeah, i was one of the lucky 3,000 to get in :) )

My honest opinion.

The new items are very interesting. You think you found something amazing, then you find something else.
    then you find another piece that makes the initial find even better.

Set's intertwine with each other to give item hunting a meaning. It's no longer all about max main stat and three other skills to win.

The no AH + smart loot means that YOU can find your own items at your own pace! It works nicely.

The crusader class is pretty amazing to play. Still needs some tweaks but they're getting there slowly.

The other classes have had some work done, but still a few months to release so they will improve over time.

ACT 5 - it's good, but nothing super amazing. The entire game has a nicer feel to it visually. Day/night cycles, rain etc etc.

The new adventure mode and Rifts are pretty fun to play. Team farming is greatly improved.

Overall, I'm impressed with what they have done so far, but I'm not impressed with the €40 / $40 price tag on it.
    Granted, I've almost 4,000 hours in D3 since launch, so it's worth it, but as I can no longer make money from the RMAH, I'm slowly losing interest.

I'm giving it a 6/10 for what I've seen, but I would raise that to 8 if they take some honest suggestions that have been made and just implement them.

I won't buy RoS unless these changes are made, but I would gladly buy it if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kiith wrote: »
    So we're definitely not getting a 2nd new class? I still want a proper Necromancer :(

They buggered that up by having loads of half and half characters.

the paragon changes patch is due tomorrow for diablo 3. Had a shot for a few hours in the last few days. The loot changes are awesome, no more messy mf! Legendaries scale with your level. So you can get what would have been old <60 legendaries that will be appropriate to your level (60 for instance)

the paragon system is pretty good, the levels and bonuses they gave are gone, and replaced with a points system.

Inferno and monster power is gone, it's just been renamed and given a difficulty slider in it's place.

Bunch of other changes to classes and skills, afaik it generalises most if not all class skills. (more variety = more fun imo)

Anyways, it's worth a shot again :)

Will give it a bash if I manage get away from rust!

I am really looking forward to expansion. I think I will get it for ps4 first then for pc, or both. I really really enjoyed playing diablo 3 on ps3 with controller and my fat ass in recliner chair.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Are the loot changes comiing with tomorrows patch?
    Im back playing the game a bit lately,currently leveling a wizard.

Found this info on official forums.,cant wait to try out Loot 2.0.

Patch 2.0.1 is basically RoS, but with the RoS specific content still locked. That means most of the game wide changes go live. Most of us did not expect the AH to still be up when they patched, so that is the one thing none of us know anything about right now.

Note: Data below is based on PTR and ROS patch notes and experience. Due to the developmental nature of those things may change!

Major Changes:
    -Loot. 2.0: New affix system, new stats, new legendary items and affixes, revamped old legs
    -With the exception of Torment Only Legs, all legs can drop at all levels. The item level will match your char level.
    -Loot 2.0 contains Smart Loot which means you have a higher chance to get items with affixes suited to your character. Not all drops are smart loot though so you can find things for alts.
    -Paragon 2.0: Paragon levels converted to account wide paragon. Each character will have paragon points to spend.
    -Many many class changes (read the patch notes above)
    -Neph Valor removed. No more prepping to do a run.
    -MF no longer on items. Legacy MF is reduced to 10% of full stat.
    -Lifesteal removed and legacy items will have reduced effects past 60. Replaced by several other healing mechanics
    -Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno removed. MP removed.
    -Monster Density adjusted. It will be lower than MP 10 levels to resolve game and server issues however you should not encounter big areas without anything in it.

Additions:
    -Cursed chests added: they spawn timed challenge events like killing waves of mobs
    -Play through Acts only once instead of four times (unless you want to do it again)
    -Monsters now scale to your level so you always get max XP. Item drops will be for your level.
    -Leveling speed increased at least for paragon levels
    -New difficulty system. Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Torment 1-6.
    -Torment has Torment only lvl 70 Legs (RoS), chance at Imperial gems dropping from lvl 61 and up mobs (RoS), increased Leg find rates. UBERS is now Torment only.
    -Torment unlocks at 60 now.
    -Updates to some boss fights
    -Neph Glory: new globe drop that gives a buff that can stack up to 3 times. Modified by some skills.
    -Survival Bonus Added: Pools of Reflection give you a bonus pool of XP worth 25% of the XP you need to get to next level. These stack. If you die you lose the bonus.
    -Leveling characters is much more rewarding in addition to being fast. Blues and Rares now awarded for some quests.
    -Destructables (barrels, urns, bodies, stumps, etc) can be rewarding. Most are empty but sometimes you get a rain of gold, blue, rare, or Legendary items. Based on RoS Beta playthrough.
    -Clans and Communities added (these show lobby style avatars of your characters like D2)
    -New Map GUI: You can jump to any unlocked waypoint in the Act by hitting M. No need to physically be at a waypoint anymore.

Crafting and Other Stuff:
    -Crafting costs changed, crafting materials changed w/new one added. New Diamond Gem.
    -Crafting mats now stack much higher. May be converted to a currency system at some point to further free up space.Tomes of Secret removed. Converted to DE.
    -Updates to graphics, game optimization, etc. Many report less rubberbanding and less asset load lag.
    -Potions come in one type, stack to 100, and are auto pick up like gold

Further Item Changes - What is BOA?:
    -New Loot 2.0 Legs can be given to those in party who were there when they dropped for up to 2 hours. They become BOA after that.
    -Gold is BOA*
    -Marquise gems and up are BOA
    -Common Debris and RoS crafting mats are BOA
    -Rares modified by the Mystic (RoS) are BOA
    -Legacy Legendary items can still be traded/given
    -Legacy crafting mats can be traded
    -Standard Rares, blues, whites can be traded/given.

*With the AH still in the game at patch time it is unknown how gold will actually be dealt with. Possible that we can't trade between chars but can use on GAH. Will have to see how it works when it comes up.

RoS Prep Notes:
    -Legacy Legendary items will not unlock Transmog Skins on the Mystic. This includes Un-ID items. Don't waste gold buying them.
    -Do not know if new Leg 2.0 items that drop during the patch will unlock transmog skins or not. Might need full ROS release for that to happen.
    -Legacy Legendary items can not be enchanted by the Mystic in RoS. The old affix system is not compatible with the new affix system she uses. This probably applies to all Legacy gear.
    -New Loot 2.0 Legendary Items and Rares that drop after the patch CAN be enchanted by the Mystic in RoS.
    -If you have good Legs/BiS gear now, it will be useful for leveling up come RoS and will eventually be replaced in the mid 60s to 70 range.
    -Marquise gems start dropping in RoS from level 61 and up mobs, even on Normal Difficulty. Think carefully before wasting gold on them.

What features are ROS Only?:
    -Act V
    -Level 61-70
    -Crusader
    -Adventure Mode w/ Rifts and Bounties
    -Mystic
    -4th Stash Tab

Some great sounding changes in there, and definitely makes me want to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know of any of the loot changes are coming to console. Have it on 360 but really looking forward to getting it on ps4 too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sounds very nice! Will deffo be getting back into that :)

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any of the loot changes are coming to console. Have it on 360 but really looking forward to getting it on ps4 too.

To be honest I have it on the 360 and the PC;

360 version already has a great loot system comparing it to my PC playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

afaik loot 2.0 was released with the console version.

Advertisement